Buck-n-Guns

What a day, had a ball with my family and some good shooting. My dad and mom went as well as my wife and my youngest son. They all gave the AR, the .357 mag 9mm sig and .44 mag a try. My dad brought his 44 mag today. My wife brought her 38 special Henry 22 and ruger 22. My son had his 10/22. Not much action with the Buck knives but I brought my Geranimo Buck dagger and we were behind Chief Joseph Dam where I grew up. The 44 Alaskan I bought was so much fun to shoot. The gel in the grip took all the sting out. The 357 mag I brought on the other hand hurt like hell with the wood grip, i have a Hogue soft grip i will be putting on tonight.

This place is loaded with Rattlers in the summer. They are still asleep this time of year. Their were a lot of deer and coyote tracks around.

Up the creek their are some beaver dams, the creek is called foster creek. Their are some falls just down from where we were and when I was a kid fished the heck out of it. This creek dumps into the Columbia river at the base of Chief Joseph Dam. My dad retired with 45 years working for the corp of engineers.

Last edited:
Never a bad day at the range. That looks to be a very nice set-up, is it public? Preston

Public if you know the lock combo. I guess semi private.

I went shooting yesterday with my dad, brother in law and two of my nephews. It was the first time for my brother in law and nephews and they absolutely loved it. We started them on a .22 and that lasted about two clips each, then they wanted the 9mm. They did pretty good for 14 and 15 year olds. I was glad to part of their first experience with pistols. I had an Alaskan Guide 110 and a 501 on me. Sorry for the lack of pictures...

Here is my Dads Griswold and Gunnison and 3 signature Buck 110.

There is some ancestors relations with Griswold and my family. My dad knows more of the story.
View attachment 874419
Wow, just wow.

Now forgive me for being sceptical on the G&G as it's unheard of to see such a gun in this condition unless it's been restored , but regardless it's a beautiful gun there and of course the Buck 110 always is.

It's a replica. I should of said that. My dad bought around 1992

here's one my favorite platforms......this hk clone in 5.56....well mostly real hk parts bit stuck together as a clone........but have a couple in the g3 7.62x51 config as well.....and the knife...the buck 110...this one the last of the 27 buck walmart versions......since they raised prices....:)

20180325_140014.jpg

Here are a few American Classics :)
.22 Crosman 1322's. Steel breech upgrade on both. Stock and 24" barrel on one. 4x AR type scope, and a 4x Cabelas pistol scope waiting for rings. I don't own a gun license required gun anymore (sold gun and let it expire) but I use to own a Savage .17 93 something model. When I do get my license again I'll probably get a 30-30 and a shotgun.
8f2RSBf.jpg

Last edited:
Some fantastic combo, I really like the lever action rifles. My contribution to the thread is a Marlin 1894 in 357 magnum with a pair of Bucks with Sheepshorn handles (192 and custom shop 110 w/BG-42 blade).

Last edited:
Back