Buck/Strider tanto's "ball bearing"

I've just receive a Buck/Strider tanto from a trade and the knife just screamed "hard-user-tough-tool" to me and I love it!

Don't think I can ever wear out this knife.

The spear point has been my EDC for 2 months and the tanto will join its side (At least till the SnG comes out...but I'll only be interested in a frame-lock version...) But, hey, good job, Buck Knives!!!:D

Problem is... the tanto is missing the ball bearing that hold the blade in closed position. Guess it must have fallen out during the previous owner's usage.

What am I to do now? I live in Singapore and it'll be dumb to ship the knife back to Buck ($$$) for such a small problem and not mentioning the infamous customs guys.

Is there a replacement part I can find or do you guys have one handy or what?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks!
Sean

hmm interesting one..

Normally this would need to be returned as the whole knife needs to be taken apart and a new bearing put in.. But being overseas, I understand the cost/time issues..
Let me chat with Joe and see what the best way to resolve this is..

Jeff

Ok, thanks!

By the way, I've fitted both the Buck/Striders with the new washers and they work great!

The ball bearing should be easy to install myself....

Thanks
Sean

Jeff,

Sorry for bother, but I plan to replace the washers on my 880SP with new ones. My 880SP is of the old configuration: one thick washer on the locking side and 3 larger thin washers on the other side. I'm also far from US so it's impossible for me to send it in. My question is: if I buy/make the washers in my location, what's the recommended size parameters for the washers? the thickness, diameters? I do want to use a single one to replace the 3 thin ones.

Thanks much!

Back