Buck Strider Tarani - G10 with plain edge?

Daniel L

Gold Member
Any updates on this model coming out with plain edge instead of the dreaded combo edge?

Would anyone else be interested in one?

Looks like there will be a Buck Strider Military Folder in G10 with plain edge blade - but with black oxide coating... I'm sure they will make a run of the current model with plain edges soon!

not sure but this one shows a plain edge..
buck882tarani9si.jpg

Unfortuntunately those are the TACCOM (zytel) handled ones BUT it does prove that Buck makes the blade in plain edge style! Just mate it with the G10 version and it would be great!

I managed to find one, but it was the last one the guy had. He said there was a small run of about 40, but I cant confirm this.

I was able to snag one on eBay during the winter, too. I haven't used it much, because I must say I like the taccom handle better than the G10. Too hard, too much like scraping your fingernails down a chalk board for me. I love the plain edge, though. I don't know why they are so rare now. It must certainly be the case that a really limited number were made so far.

-Steve

I'm sure Buck is listening and we'll get our way eventually. Then again I have been waiting for Benchmade to come out with an Axis AFCK in satin finish...

So I guess I'll just sit tight...

Back