Buck tightening help.

So I'm a knife newbie and my Buck Sandman needs some tightening as I have opened and closed it too many times.

What tools do I need to accomplish this. Thanks.

hex or torx (torx aka star bit) if torx and most likely torx prob a 5 or 6. Depending on how buck does their pivot you may need 2 one for clip side one for non clip. Most manus use a pivot screw with a flat ground in that locks in to handle and op side is smooth with no torx hole. If you mean loose as in the blade has some up down play you might have bruised your stop pin and will need to take the nife apart and rotate the pin some. Though it looks like the thumb stud is also stop pin like a gerber apple gate and other gerbers is so i know its not up down play heh.

so should I just take my knife to Home Depot or Lowes and get them to find me the right size hex or torx tool?

That or just buy a set of Torx drivers. They aren't that expensive. Allen wrenches are even cheaper.

When I was looking for #6 & #8 Torx drivers HD and Lowes only sold sets and none were small enough. I went to Sears. They have Craftsman drivers sold as single units for about $3 a piece.

Back