Buck Vantage Pro Wahers

Just received my first buck vantage pro, seems to have some type of nylon washers. Has anyone ever replaced these with phosphor bronze washers? The knife was manufactured in November of 2018 so I don’t know if this is a newer thing to have nylon washers? I was thinking that they use to be phosphor bronze washers in the past. I haven’t taken the knife apart but with a flashlight they appear to be small dark gray washers. Thanks for any input.

Welcome to the forum. I believe the washers have been nylon from the beginning but if that’s not correct someone with more knowledge will be along shortly to set the record straight.

Welcome to the Buck Forum...Just a warning, the more time spent here the worse the "Buck Fever" sets in and there is no known cure....:D:D:D:D

sassafrassdogs sassafrassdogs
Why would anyone want to cure Buck Fever? :eek: :D

G GaddisCountry , I don't know about the washers being nylon/teflon or phosphor bronze.
Whatever they are, they are covered under Buck's Forever Warranty. If anything ever goes wrong with the knife, Buck will make it right. :)

My Vantage Pro from 2017 has phosphor bronze washers, but those washers are not completely flush with the blade/frame. You can see light between them. If they have transitioned to teflon it may have been attempt for better frame to blade fit and action.

Teflon washers are not as bad as a lot of people say. They are super low friction, and if everything is not absolutely square the teflon washers can mash down and correct it a little.

Edit: is it teflon or is it actually Nylon for sure?

Thanks for the input so far everyone! As far I’d they are nylon or Teflon for sure I do not know. I lost my t6 torx so I haven’t been able to take the knife apart, the washers are kind of hard to see when the knife is together but they are definitely not phosphor bronze according to the color. All Teflon washers I have seen in knives are white, these seem to be decently think and a dark gray in color. If I end up getting the knife apart soon I’ll have to update.

sassafrassdogs sassafrassdogs
Why would anyone want to cure Buck Fever? :eek: :D

G GaddisCountry , I don't know about the washers being nylon/teflon or phosphor bronze.
Whatever they are, they are covered under Buck's Forever Warranty. If anything ever goes wrong with the knife, Buck will make it right. :)

This is true about the warranty, not too concerned more so just curious because I thought they were phosphor bronze and was curious to why they would have changed them. Washers are cheap, must have been to actually help the knife in some way.

Back