Buckaroo Beltless Sheath

Don't know whether it's the snaps Spey is referring to, but you could try looking up loxx buttons, you'd have to use them on the outside, they don't open up like normal snaps though.
Just did a quick search, one way / dot / directional / loxx snaps seem to be the same thing.

Dave , how come you used snaps instead of studs ?
I'm a fan of snaps to be honest , I know that puts me out of wack with the rest of you guys here , but for me and my folder sheath applications they work well , maybe if I made fixed blades sheaths it would be different .
I'm just surprised you used them .
I don't understand not wearing a belt , I've tried it and it drove me crazy , but for those that like it though this design of yours is a winner . Simplicity is the core essence of style , and that sheath is overflowing with style .
If the strap was longer and the snap positioned more toward the centre of the sheath then the outward forces created by the curve of your body and bending over etc would be centralised and I suspect you wouldn't have the issue of it coming undone .
But personally I think if having the straps on the outside work well then don't muck with success:)

Ken

I thought about dot snaps. Have one set up here on another item. Gave it to Nichole and she couldn't open it even lined up. She thought it would be too dificult and awkward, particularly with the strap folded underneath and you couldn't see what you were doing. Thanks for the suggestion though Spey, (I use to live on an estate outside of Aviemore in sight of the Spey, unbelievably beautiful, every direction you looked was a postcard). Ken I thought on the studs and I like them. And they would certainly fix the underneath snap coming undone. However Nichole doesn't like them and its her deal basically. I made her a flapped sheath with one years back and she kept scratching things like the truck bed with it and catching it on things. Thats whyshe doesn't like em.

Thanks on the update there Dave, that is strange, some things often are, in fact, at first I thought that was you in the photos and wondered about your choice of nail polish ;) but, to each his own I say, just glad I read a little further and sorted it out that it wasn't you in the photos...:)

G2

Last edited:
Thanks on the update there Dave, that is strange, some things often are, in fact, at first I thought that was you in the photos and wondered about your choice of nail polish ;) but, to each his own I say, just glad I read a little further and sorted it out that it wasn't you in the photos...:)

G2
I actually laughed out loud. :D

I can see where the confusion came in Gary , but I knew straight away it wasn't Dave in the photos due to some Sherlock Holmes type deduction .
Ive always taken Dave for maybe a Black nail polish type of guy , that way the dirt under the fingernails isn't easy to spot .
Also even though I've never meet Dave I'm fairly sure he wouldn't fit into Jeans that small around the waist :)

Ken

OLW, glad to bring some cheer to your part of the world ;)

And Ken, you've always been the smarter brother brother :)
G2

You're all wrong. I go for the deep red. I laughed out loud too. jeans deal was pretty funny too.

Super idea Dave, thanks for sharing. I appreciate all the info and ideas I pick up on these threads. Yall know how to inspire that's for sure.

Great idea Dave, I hate wearing belts coz my fat digs into the buckle.. gonna havevto make myself one and the snaps look just fije on the outside
JB

Thanks guys. The sheath has a couple of weeks wear under its belt (sorry for the pun) and its doing fine. Last weekend we did our spring works at the ranch. Long day in the saddle and on foot in the corrals, gathering branding and processing. She really likes the sheath.

What a great idea. I like it a lot. The not wearing a belt thing is surprising to me. Must be something in the water in Texas, but many of us here have a condition known as Noassatall. It results in your pants falling down without a good belt:D Pockets full of crap don't help it either!

What a great idea. I like it a lot. The not wearing a belt thing is surprising to me. Must be something in the water in Texas, but many of us here have a condition known as Noassatall. It results in your pants falling down without a good belt:D Pockets full of crap don't help it either!

I have to agree :)
My belts have a number of tasks in life and one of them is to monitor my health .
If I find myself having to let my belt out a notch then its time for less pies and more hard work .

Ken

I really like that idea. If you used studs you could make multiple holes in the straps to accommodate different belt loop spacing.

I love the ingenuity around this place.

Back