Bud Weston folder at recent CKG show

Generally, I don't purchase knives with Damascus not made by the creator of the knife. I have a nice JWS with Eggerling damascus that I could not turn down and now have added another "can't turn down" made by Bud Weston.

Bud is a Czech/Canadian currently residing in the Czech Republic and is becoming a major player in the European knife scene. He does many European shows, where he came in contact with Poul Strande of Denmark and obtained the damascus used in the folder. The bolsters have the same pattern as the blade.

I have the first knife that Bud ever sold at a show (FB) and another which is a FB integral fighter. Both have been shown on BF in the past.

2westondammamfolderFL4535mulltim.jpg

This knife has wonderful soft brown -- camel coat color--Siberian Mammoth scales with blue titanium liners fully fileworked by Bud. The backspacer is also fileworked and the thumbstud has a Mammoth inset.

OAL is 7 3/4" and closed it is 43/8".

Other than cropping and resizing, no other adjustments have been done from the camera to BF so the images are very accurate to the real knife.

Off to a Gem show tomorrow and I'm sure this piece will be a hit among the artists showing work there.

I saw this one, part of Murray's incredible collection. It is a beauty.

I don't have a web hosting site, but I'd be glad to email the picture to someone who does :)

I have owned a few of Bud's folders in the past and they were all TOP NOTCH ! superb quality, excellent lock up and attention to detail. As well, they were reasonably priced. He is an excellent knife maker.....RDT

I met Buddy at the Paris show this year after having seen some of his work in a German knife magazin. I found his knives to be very elegant and well made. Also very reasonably priced. Unfortunatly I didn't have the money for one at that time.

Check out his site:
www.westonknives.com

JD

not sure if all the url for your pix is there but a copy/paste of what was got a "sorry no can find" message. Perhaps create a tinyurl?

see where you post your own site--that is what I can't get to. you should be able to post it so it is clickable also.

Back