Bugout scales.

Gizler00

Gold Member
Call me crazy but I ordered some close out flytanium g10 scales for my bugout and I actually prefer the stock grivory scales instead. I tested the g10 scales for a few hours and just couldn’t stand them. They are slightly thicker, so the axis bar is recessed a little further in. Making it a little harder to disengage.

I ended up swapping the stock scales back on tonight. Anyone else experience liking the stock scales better?

Last edited:
Similar experience with my bailout. Purchased aftermarket aluminum scales and ended up going back to the stock grivory.
I also ended up selling m4 aluminum bailout too.

For me, the bailout and bugout were meant to be thin light weight folding knives and the grivory scales just make better sense.

Had a standard bugout, I tried to swap into the flytanium titanium scales, didn't like it at all, turns out that while grivory may not be the best looking thing, it feels very good in hand.

Thanks for the replies everyone. After putting the stock scales back on and using it for the last few days…. I am certain that this is the best configuration of this knife. It’s light, disappears in the pocket, cuts big, and did I mention it’s light!! This is the third time I have had this exact configuration. I always get crazy and sell them because I’m afraid of the omega spring breaking and leaving be with a broken knife. This time, I ordered some springs off Etsy and have a set in my wallet and another set at home!

VPPAmaa.jpeg

I don't have a Bugout, but I've been seriously looking at them ever since they came out. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. The whole lure of the Bugout for me is their size & their lightweight.

The stock blue Bugout scales are boring. Unfortunately BM does not offer the full size Bugout with orange scales. I put Allen Putman scales on mine, and REALLY like the set-up. It goes nicely with my Charge.

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

Orange cutlery matters... 🍻

I don't have a Bugout, but I've been seriously looking at them ever since they came out. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. The whole lure of the Bugout for me is their size & their lightweight.

They are great knives. Definitely try one out.

Back