Built my first knife! . . . kinda!

I was excited about the new DRII folder kits because it is giving me a chance to give a special gift to some of my family members before I move overseas. These kits are VERY easy and lot of fun . . . built this one the afternoon it came . . . then gave it to my dad!:D
Everything is finished to 800 grit hand polish . . . the scales are jigged caramel bone I got from Rade Hawkins.

Attachments

• dads.jpg
    dads.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 239
That looks very good. I have seriously considered a kit knife but wasn't sure how difficult it would be. I have been looking at:

http://www.knifekits.com/

How easy are they to put together?

Originally posted by shootist16
That looks very good. I have seriously considered a kit knife but wasn't sure how difficult it would be. I have been looking at:

http://www.knifekits.com/

How easy are they to put together?

Yep, I bought some from Darrel the first day that they site was up. You will have an easy time with these! Probably the best way to go if ya want to make it easy is the one with the micarta scales and spacer precut. They would be done with a TORX driver, file, and some sandpaper! They a really well done!
Have fun Dennis!

Jason,

Really well done! That looks like some killer jigged bone, too. I love the finished look of the piece. The JB scales it up, in my opinion. I'm going to post this image for you at the other forum. I want everyone to see how well you did ...

Thanks for the pic ... looks great buddy!

Alex

Atlantavirtual.com

You did an exceptional job of puttin that together. Looks great with the bone. Puttin together these kits is a great way to learn. If you're like me, you'll spend a lot of your time on your knees lookin for those little screws:D

Originally posted by txwoodchip
If you're like me, you'll spend a lot of your time on your knees lookin for those little screws:D

Ya got that right! ;) :eek: ;)
When I started my second one I decided that keeping a magnet on the bench was the only way to keep them all together!

That looks great! I have to try one of those myself.
I bet your Dad was thrilled.

....and thus is the beginning of what is known as B.C.K. Burns' Custom Knives! :D Very nice job, Jason. The whole knife looks real good. I got the TRAK neck knife kit a couple days ago and will be getting a start on it this weekend. One of these days I'm going to tackle the folder.

Very nice Jason.., boy that jigged bone looks great! Thanks for sharing the picture...

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Back