Bura Village Model--

Hello again.

Just recieved my Bura Village model! AWESOME!

Rough finish. Steel furniture. Hard as hell. Tough looking. Compact. Perfect size handle. Blade is perfectly forged--sword of shiva like on WWII. No fullers.

14" oal. 7/16" spine thickness. 1 13/16" wide.Handle 4" long from end of wood by bolster to end of wood by buttcap--perfect!

Not sure of weight I'll edit and post it soon.

GET ONE!!!!! They're awesome!!:D :cool:

I was planning on not buying more khukuris for awhile but this little sucker has cast some doubt on that:D

Glad to hear continuing praises for the village models. I have a Sanu villager on the way, my first villager! Love the look of the steel fittings and satin finish. I'll etch it up just to see the temper line (or hamon--japanse term for the hazy transitional line between zones) Then give it off to a buddy.

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Yeah, I was afraid someone would say that. Maube I shouldn't even take it outta tha box, jest pass it along all packaged-like...

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

14" with a 7/16" spine? That's a real beast! Looks like you made another great catch.

BG villagers are quite a deal. My big Kumar villager has managed to find a place near and dear to my heart as well.

I got another of the big 20" WWII-villagers by Kumar (although I keep attributing it to Murali for some reason), and it is easily among my favorite khuks. In fact, although I know something smaller would be nicer to carry for a long time, the 20" would probably be the one I'd grab in an emergency. I'm working on the handle now, it is nice and smooth and picking up some good color.

And let's see if my new sig image will show up:
Edit 1: (whups, sig too big, in for another revision...)
Edit 2: trying again...

Back