Burger Sword Canes Mark IV G-2

Gentlemen,
After sustaining a career ending injury on a CSAR mission in Afghanistan, it became evident that a cane would now be my lifelong friend, helper, and weapon. I recently ordered a Burger Mark IV sword cane with Ivory Boar Tusk handle and some nice inscriptions. I guess the point I'm trying to get around to is I'd like feedback (good, bad, or indifferent) on dealings with Burger Custom Knives, product quality, and functionality. Everyones opinion varies, but I like to look at all angles and make my own choices.

Regards,
JC Hill

Last edited by a moderator:
JC

Sorry to hear about your accident.

If you use the search feature searching for Burger Knives you will find a few threads about their knives and a thread where I visited them showing how they make their knives. I am on my ipod or I would post the links.

In short. It is a family run business. They make quality products and have been around for some time. I have their LEXK model in my pocket as I write this. Our annual show is end of August and will hopefully see Trevor Burger again.

I thought I'd mention swordcanes are illegal in the U.S., then I noticed you're in South Africa.

Are they illegal everywhere in the US? I know they are specifically illegal in WI, but I would expect that some places they'd be legal with a concealed carry permit.

Are they illegal everywhere in the US? I know they are specifically illegal in WI, but I would expect that some places they'd be legal with a concealed carry permit.

I'm not an expert, but the chances are they are illegal, well, in almost every state. A concealed permit only applies to firearms, never knives or swords.

I was at the atlanta blade show last year and they had a table there. Their stuff looked really nicely finished although I personally was not a big fan of the carbon shaft on the canes. I forget if it was an issue but the metal collar on the sheath/shaft might eventually mark the blade as they were real careful drawing and sheathing the blade. Some small felt buffers would be a nice tweak. The guy was very patient with an obvious window shopper like me. (Getting one is still on my list though)

A concealed permit only applies to firearms, never knives

Ok, thanks. I thought concealed carry permits could apply to knives and pepper spray as well as firearms. I should check my local laws (not that they make that easy :rolleyes:)

Ok, thanks. I thought concealed carry permits could apply to knives and pepper spray as well as firearms. I should check my local laws (not that they make that easy :rolleyes:)

i can say for certain that it doesn't apply to anything but firearms here in texas

Sword canes would be illegal to carry here in WA.

The permit for concealed firearms does not apply to knives. Silly as that is.

I believe that KY has a conceal "weapon" permit. As long as you legally own it, you can carry it. Here's to KY!

To the best of my knowledge sword canes are just fine here in Maine. Whether or not you'd get in trouble for one is another matter, but the Burger models are pretty subtle and don't advertise their hidden function to the public when out and about with one.

They are legal in Utah as well. Concealed carry permits here apply to any weapon, with very broad definitions of what that means (including sharp pointy things). Essentially carrying a sword cane here with no permit would result in a Class B Misdemeanor, in the unlikely event that anyone actually cared.

Sword canes are illegal to manufacture, import and possess in CA. You can't own one much less carry here.

Like the man said Here in Ky we can carry sword canes. and other assorted goodies Like concealed Laredo Bowies , Nun chucks , slap jacks, switch blades Play Highlander if you get the rain coat . We have a weapons permit. Basically what listed as against the law to carry on the books we are free to carry. Lots of people in Ky own full auto also.

I took a quick look at Burger's website. They sure make fine products. My choice would be the Ti Stiletto because it doesn't obviously look like a sword cane. The dagger is quite hidden and the release is somewhat "secret". Also, the dagger has a real blade, it's not a pointy steel stick. The remaining question is : how much do you need to rest on the pommel ? Most swordcanes have pommels not really fit for walking and this is one of them.

Love to own one.. there was a tricked our burger cane for 700 for sale a while back.. I missed it.. id love to find one on the secondary market for 40% off

Back