Bush Camp Tarps - cheap vs expensive?

I understand what you are saying. I have seen both sides too.
I can tell you from experience that common courtesy is becoming a rare thing indeed.
I think people have lost interpersonal communication skills. The simple act of listening to someone that is obviously not happy with you is just not something people are comfortable with anymore. I am still amazed when I hear people who are clearly in the wrong say "you can't talk to me like that". People seem to be getting less comfortable in dealing with other people and compensate by being rude or defensive instead of being patient and having a thicker skin.

BE, I totally agree.
LV, what size is the first tarp and do I see locust rails from a fence in the firewood setup? :)

Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo

I believe it was 12x16. With the 12 running along the ridge line and the 16 making the sides. It worked great as an airy, yet dry, summer set up.

And yes you are correct. They were old rails scavanged from around my barn. That was a great set up. We did our Thanksgiving Turkey up there one fall. I dug a hole and cooked it in the ground right out in front of the camp. It was excellent!

I think the tarp cost me $27.00 back then. All the rest was scavanged. Even the turkey lifter.

We had a lot of fun up there.
IMG_1039-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Around here the NFS would be irritated that they'd found a semi-permanent structure and would take it down. They might even send Boy Scouts to "clean it up." Stashing the supports in the area and bringing the tarps with you for use when occupying the site would likely not be a problem. The NFS is having issues with homeless/here-for-the-marijuana types leaving ghastly messes in the forest so they are kinda sensitive to "semi-permanence."

A 25'x10' 4mil Visqueen roll can be purchased on Amazon for <$25. Cut in two pieces can make two fairly weather-proof tarps. Half a roll only weighs a little over two pounds.

Winter Kit 2.jpg

I know what it is to be a property owner & have people trespass and cause damage. We’ve had hunters come on to our property and just shoot away. We’re also hunters, and likely would give them permission if they just asked. - - The thing is, if one of them tripped and injured themselves on a piece of equipment out there, they would probably come sue us for creating ‘an attractive nuisance’.

As for the OP, if he and his buddies came to their permanent camp one day and found others using it - would they get all bent outta shape at the ‘trespass’ on them ?

“ No real loss if they get damaged or removed on someone elses property.“ Seems that they no longer make Eagle Scouts like they used to. :mad:

Yeah, this subject gets me riled up.
Rant off

Last edited:
Back