bush-master passaround in hawaii

I recieved these 2 beauties in the mail on friday. I had to do a quick review on them as my free time available to test them was really short. I wasnt to sure as to what a good test for these knives will be cause most of the other guys did a pretty thorough review on them and i did not want to run them through the same paces. I thought long and hard and decided to test them on a totally different material "coconuts". I think that these delicicous fruit in a survival situation would be one of the most easist and most abundant item you can find in the pacific. so here goes...........

I included a slideshow which is pretty self explanatory. It shows me obtaining water from the fruit as well as making fire.
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/rctk2/bushcraft/?albumview=slideshow

If the knives arrived a week later then i could have used it as a pig sticker on an upcoming dog and knife hunt. I think that the knife would have done exceptionally well cause of its robust and pointed tip. Overall i would not hesitate to pick one up. i am extremmely impressed.

I've never seen a coconut opened with a knfe before, only with a wooden stake. Thanks for the tutorial, if I ever head back to Hawaii (Beautiful place) I'll give it a go.
Loving those Bushmasters.

Back