Bush Monkey Baby Chisos 01 and G10

Please read: It is a scandi grind - two bevels each 12 degrees.
I have a water jet cut the profile that I designed and I do the rest. heat to just above non magnetic, oil quench, oven at 425/room temp cycle x3. Keeping things simple as always.

The process can be made complicated. Making simple things complicated is a form of self-aggrandizing - feel free to do so. " How the coreolis effect in the southern hemisphere changes the heat treating process for 01 steel made in the northern hemisphere..."

Last edited:
The bead blast deburrs to a degree. I tried chamfering and I don't like the look. Both sides are beveled 12 degrees. I don't know of any single scandi bevel. When I decide to get a grinder better than the $150 one I am currently using I am certain I will "discover" that this knife gig is easier than I had ever imagined. thanks for your comments

ps My mark is clearer than any I have seen on this forum because laser engraving is superior.

this one is laser engraved:

Glacier__1a_copy.jpg

Photoshop.

Mitch,

The laser is MUCH sharper than photosop and is crisper than anything i have seen on this forum. Sorry to rock your boat. You make some very nice tools and your mark would look even better on them if laser engraved.

Last edited:
I have to admit that you have tenacity. As much grief as you get on BF, you keep going like the Energizer Bunny. :yawn:

Pixelation.jpg

Your own image shows excessive pixelation around the logo; a hallmark of poor photoshop work.

If you've never seen anything better, you haven't been looking very hard.

Let me know if you know of any higher resolution way to mark a blade. Once you determine that, let me know how most "knifemakers" on this forum mark their blades. Thank you in advance.

Let me know if you know of any higher resolution way to mark a blade. Once you determine that, let me know how most "knifemakers" on this forum mark their blades. Thank you in advance.

He's not referring to marking the blade, but the fact that what you claim to be laser engraving in that pic has obviously been added afterwards. You can actually match the pixels on the "laser engraved" pic to your others that you admit are photoshopped. It also looks like the entire outside edge of the knife has been manipulated.

I love PS. Look at my gallery and you'll see I use the crap out of it, but don't lie about it.

Pixelation.jpg

Your own image shows excessive pixelation around the logo; a hallmark of poor photoshop work.
If you've never seen anything better, you haven't been looking very hard.

mitchellkniveslogo_168161826_copy.jpg

Your logo shows excessive pixelation; "the hallmark of poor photoshop work." Are you guys for real? You are joking, right? This is absolutely hysterical!!!

Last edited:
If it were a real knife made by a real live "knifemaker" and not a photoshopped or plastic knife, I would laser engrave it and take a picture of the actual laser engraving. I am sure the two photographs would be incredibly different. The knife is fake, I am fake and the laser engraving is fake. You of course, are the only things real in this comedy. Any other questions I can help you guys out with

mitchellkniveslogo_168161826_copy.jpg

Your logo shows excessive pixelation; "the hallmark of poor photoshop work."

You did not acquire that image from my website.

I encourage everyone to visit my website, download my logo on the main page, and zoom in. It looks nothing like this doctored image.

You've also apparently missed the point. I don't etch website graphics on knives, nor do I photoshop logos and claim them to be examples of my "laser etching".

You're making yourself look even more pathetic.

Last edited:
If it were a real knife made by a real live "knifemaker" and not a photoshopped or plastic knife, I would laser engrave it and take a picture of the actual laser engraving. I am sure the two photographs would be incredibly different. The knife is fake, I am fake and the laser engraving is fake. You of course, are the only things real in this comedy. Any other questions I can help you guys out with

Yes, you are doing a very poor job at promoting your knives, way the attitude?
You are the one that asked for an opinion. Your promotional pictures are bad, photoshoped and very miss leading. If I had bought that knife and compared it to the picture I would felt cheated.
What you’re doing is plain old false advertising. Do yourself a favor and apologize for the mistake you made by posting that photoshoped picture and just take a better one.

LOL, that's just it Ed......there are no better ones:D

Yes, you are doing a very poor job at promoting your knives, way the attitude?
You are the one that asked for an opinion. Your promotional pictures are bad, photoshoped and very miss leading. If I had bought that knife and compared it to the picture I would felt cheated.
What you’re doing is plain old false advertising. Do yourself a favor and apologize for the mistake you made by posting that photoshoped picture and just take a better one.

BMK you've asked for comments and criticism and then tell us that we are hysterical in dismissing the questions and feedback.

In my mind you are either here to contribute genuinely to the knife making scene or you are just stirring the pot and waiting for the reaction.

Mitch,

The laser is MUCH sharper than photosop and is crisper than anything i have seen on this forum. Sorry to rock your boat. You make some very nice tools and your mark would look even better on them if laser engraved.

Nobody is arguing laser engraving is clean and sharp. What you fail to realize is that your photoshopped logo is painfully obvious. It's actually one of the first things I noticed about your photos, even before it was called out by other posters. The image above clearly has JPEG artifacting around the logo itself, yet nowhere else on the blade. Hint: Designing your logo as Vector art will allow you to resize it and manipulate it all you want without any of the pixellation you got in that image. ;) Also, the images you posted in at the very top fail to take into account the bokeh, a.k.a. the blurring from shallow depth of field. In other words, where the blade is turning blurry, the logo has stayed crystal clear, which proves it was added to the photo with photoshop or some other image manipulation program. It's also what makes a viewer look at it and feel that something isn't right, even if they don't know about photoshop. You're not helping your credibility by claiming your logos are real when they're painfully obvious photochop jobs. Adding some blurring on the logo to match the blurring on the blade will help it not be as obvious as it is right now.

Last edited:
Nobody is arguing laser engraving is clean and sharp. What you fail to realize is that your photoshopped logo is painfully obvious. It's actually one of the first things I noticed about your photos, even before it was called out by other posters. The image above clearly has JPEG artifacting around the logo itself, yet nowhere else on the blade. Hint: Designing your logo as Vector art will allow you to resize it and manipulate it all you want without any of the pixellation you got in that image. ;) Also, the images you posted in at the very top fail to take into account the bokeh, a.k.a. the blurring from shallow depth of field. In other words, where the blade is turning blurry, the logo has stayed crystal clear, which proves it was added to the photo with photoshop or some other image manipulation program. It's also what makes a viewer look at it and feel that something isn't right, even if they don't know about photoshop. You're not helping your credibility by claiming your logos are real when they're painfully obvious photochop jobs. Adding some blurring on the logo to match the blurring on the blade will help it not be as obvious as it is right now.

I also recommend making sure that both the logo and the side of the blade are aligned to the same plane rather than just tilting the text.

IMG_0724_op2.jpg

Last edited:
Back