Bushcamps Currently Available

Discussion in 'Good Knife Co.' started by bikerector, Jul 7, 2020.

1. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    I designed this knife to excel around the camping environment with a bent towards bushcraft. The high point makes it a pleasure for push cutting feathers sticks or cutting on a cutting board or log. The scandivex grind does a great job moving wood around while still performing admirably cutting up your favorite meats and potatoes for your meal over a campfire.

The handle is neutral so it can accommodate plenty of hand positions. The spine is sharp near the handle for striking a ferro rod or scraping but rounded in the 1/2 towards the tip so it's easy on the fingers for carving or batoning.

Price: $210

Rough specs:

1/8" thick at spine
    O1 tool steel hardened to 58
    4.25" blade
    4.5" handle
    Black canvas micarta handle
    scandivex grind

Includes a thick leather pouch sheath

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    David Mary likes this.
  2. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    I have another new one, this time in full flat grind with a convex edge bevel. It really changes the look of the knife and I think you're going to find this thing even better as a food prep knife or as a hunter as the raised spine creates a superb finger rest for choking up to utilize the substantial belly.

We went with some fancier materials on this one and I'm really pleased how it turned out.

I designed this knife to excel around the camping environment with a bent towards bushcraft. The high point makes it a pleasure for push cutting feathers sticks or cutting on a cutting board or log. The scandivex grind does a great job moving wood around while still performing admirably cutting up your favorite meats and potatoes for your meal over a campfire.

The handle is neutral so it can accommodate plenty of hand positions. The spine is sharp near the handle for striking a ferro rod or scraping but rounded in the 1/2 towards the tip so it's easy on the fingers for carving or batoning.

Price: $225

Rough specs:

1/8" thick at spine
    O1 tool steel hardened to 58
    4.25" blade
    4.5" handle
    Brown burlap micarta handle w/ copper pins
    Full flat grind with convex edge

I've added a forced patina on this one.

Includes a thick leather pouch sheath

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    AntDog, Kenneth F Huls and f1addict like this.
  3. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Very nice