Bushcraft Knife Challenge results!!!

Bruce - Less talky and more grindy...I need me that knife.

Jason - good news your 5/32" steel arrived today:)!

DSCN0265.jpg

Bad news is you're still a ways down on the order list:p

These 3 just need lanyards and they are ready to ship:D

Bruce

After following this thread start to finish, I currently have a couple of Scott Gossmans "Challenge" knives, now known as his "Deer Creek" model. They are awesome designs and cover both light and heavy duty tasks in a relatively compact/normal belt knife size. Good job Scott!

With a Skookum to size them.
GossmanDeerCreekSBT002.jpg

Starting a hearth board for my failed bowdrill attempt. The Deer Creek is a pleasure to handle and use.

BDB012.jpg

BDB013.jpg

BDB014.jpg

DSCN0265.jpg

Bruce

Great looking knives. That bottom one is totally my kind of blade. :thumbup:

DSCN0265.jpg

Bruce

Wow, first you give me the love then you rip it away!

Those really are sweet...can't wait to get mine some time in the way off future. :grumpy:

Just wanted to share my buy inspired by this contest and a couple pics. A Great Basin by Koyote!

IMG_3374.jpg

Look at how small it is along with a great sheath...a lot of knife in a small package!

IMG_3373.jpg

Here 'tis with a Koyote EDC Convex...just a perfect small knife- a couple of my best bush knives- Fiddleback Ladyfinger and Scrap Yard War Dog....she's a fattie but man what a slicer! :)

IMG_3375.jpg

And cause it's that time of year... ;) :)

IMG_3376.jpg

Well, if you got little girlie hands like me...gotta go with this one! ;) :)

The 1st photo is about the best knife photo I've taken...

ok, last thread resurrection post- I promise...it's such a cool thread, hard to let it go! But, who doesn't like photos??!!

I got my new Great Basin Bush knife out for a few minutes and had to post. Wowza, what a woods knife! This sucker is a cutting machine! Can't say enough about handle comfort- it's just perfect. Incredible control for all kinds of cutting. I just plopped down for like 40 minutes to process some green wood and get a feel for it along with a few other favs. I hope to give it a spin the kitchen this w/e. The tip is a drilling machine as well. Gotta say the sheath is just carry perfection as well!

IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

seems to be 4" almost exactly from handle edge to tip...

Just came across this thread, if I have time to go through it all later I will, but was there an overall winner in this? :)

Just came across this thread, if I have time to go through it all later I will, but was there an overall winner in this? :)

Everyone involved was a winner ;)

If you want the 'scores' winner, it was Bruce Culberson.

Back