Bushcrafter, with racing stripes, accessory in glue up!

Had to share this... Since my new bushcrafter was the first to have black canvas micarta with orange liners, I felt the need to help embellish her a little bit. In glue up tonight, will post update pics as soon as it's done. This may have to turn into a mini WIP as I still need to make a sheath for this one. Right now she's sitting in an older JRE sheath that I had, sitting around empty and needing a friend.

For this, I went with a 3/8" fire steel because I don't want to ever have to do another! Maybe I should have used a "bunker", but I don't want the ferro rod to outweigh the knife! Let me know what you think. hmmmm, wonder how I can get a matching "K" on the ferro.... :cool:

DD

image_zps0d765fde.jpg

Ok, here are the semi-final pictures. Still need to put together a "more suitable" sheath. All in good time...

DD

image_zpsa7a3f541.jpg

image_zps338e4c1e.jpg

Dang - that DID turn out nice! What a great matched set. :thumbup:

Dan

Thanks to you! If it wasn't for you I'd have a ferro blank and an empty sheath... :yawn: Still trying to figure out which of your knives I need on a list for, next! :D

DD

My pleasure, Bro. :thumbup:

For anyone else reading - never hurts to ask if I've got some scrap kicking around...;)

I actually have about 20 lbs of the stuff that I'm reluctant to pitch.....finally tossed the smaller stuff a few weeks ago. Lots of cut-offs that are too small to fit even a ShortNess handle, or too thick for a WSS knife.

Dan

Looks Awesome, I can't help myself when it comes to uniformity..... Blame the Army :).

Back