Bushmaster

Flexxx

BANNED
Just wondering if you gonna do another run of the Bushmaster?

If so anytime frame?

Thanks Bro.........

There are still a few available with G10 handles at KSF. If you want one quickly, I would go that route.

Just got one from KSF in Nat'l Micarta.
This is one outstanding knife.
Thanks Dan , for making an awesome knife like this. :thumbup:

:)

Thanks, guys.

Yes, there will be more BushMasters this year. Not sure when, but will definitely happen.

Dan

I keep eyeing these knives. I dont own a Koster yet but these are nice looking. Could you tell me if the handle tang is solid or skeletonized? I know it makes little difference in strentgh but makes a bit difference how knife feels in hand.

I noticed the most recent version of the Bushmaster has a different front quillon/guard than the original run. It seems to put the index finger further from the blade edge. Any chance the next run could revert back to the original pattern (pic 1)? Also, why was the change made and is there an intended purpose for that spot between the blade edge and point of the quillon on the current version (pic2)?

Images from Google search.

Original run

bushmasterburgcm.jpg

Current run

dsc0385bw.jpg

Last edited:
Like the 2 pins in the handle much better,just has a more complete look.

Yes - there was purpose in the madness. Machining and finishing that area was a major pain in the rear. I matched the radius to my tooling both in front of and behind the guard. Better finish, happier knifemaker. :D Also, many have let me know that it's more comfortable to hold now - the smaller radius before the guard seems to feel better.

Thanks for asking!

Dan
KosterKnives.com

Yes - there was purpose in the madness. Machining and finishing that area was a major pain in the rear. I matched the radius to my tooling both in front of and behind the guard. Better finish, happier knifemaker. :D Also, many have let me know that it's more comfortable to hold now - the smaller radius before the guard seems to feel better.

Thanks for asking!

Dan
KosterKnives.com

Thanks for the quick response Dan!

Back