Bushy type knife

Scott a few months ago you posted a picture of a knife with green handles and it was your version of a bushcraft type knife with a 4" blade. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Now that I think of it it kind of looks like the new WTK but maybe it had a spear point.
Do you know what I am talking about?

It was probably my 10 year Anniversary knife. I only made 10 knives. I'm not going to make that pattern anymore.
Scott

Attachments

• IM000125.JPG
    IM000125.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 146
Those are awesome knives !!! Mine I want to use but as Scott said collectors item :D :D

Jeff I like how you put that. Maybe scott will make something similar thats not too collectable like?

I'd use it anyway.:thumbup: Too nice a knife to preserve for some stranger to snag for $10 at my estate sale.:eek:

Your right , How foolish of me :foot: and Scotts knives are meant to be used. Looks like I'll be having more fun this month

Hey Scott,

Speaking on that finally got handles on that scandi one you made me. Will maybe try to post pics this wknd.

The WTK's will be coming soon. They are similar in design.
Scott

Oh, I have my eye on THAT one, for sure.:thumbup: Maybe the similarity is what attracts me to it. I have been goin over my "knife budget, calculating deliveries of customs and looking forward to placing an order for the WTK.

Funny so many "got" the "estate sale" thing. It's a running joke between my best friend and me whenever we get a new gun or knife. As the rule goes - whoever "goes" first - the other is to get his a$$ to the decedent's house, inventory, appraise and "liquidate" to the greatest advantage of the new widow. We both know *&#%-heads who have taken advantage of friends' widows in that way.

IMO, the PSK Sr. is just about right the size and shape of a bushcraft knife. The spearpoint seems to dominate the bushcraft pattern. The only difference is most "bushcraft" knives have a scandi grind.
Scott

IMO, the PSK Sr. is just about right the size and shape of a bushcraft knife. The spearpoint seems to dominate the bushcraft pattern. The only difference is most "bushcraft" knives have a scandi grind.
Scott

I agree the PSK Sr is a perfect size thickness and everything for bushcraft.

Scott

When I look for a "Bushcraft" knife, it's nice to see some specifically designed within strcit parameters for that use but I, like most, I assume, stray way beyond those bounds and browse the many great ideas from the minds behind the anvils and grinders. The diversity is a boon and shouldn't be framed in with particular criteria that would leave us all with the same knife for the next two hundred years. Nothing against the "intentional" Bushcraft design. I am a big fan of the convex grind for a knife I intend to use for "woodworking" although I like flat-grinds and Scandi's too.

I expect to see the WTK and the PSK Sr. showing up in forums under the subject of "Ifound this great new Bushcraft..."

Jeff H

Here you go. I'm not done with it yet. Need to install the lanyard lining and re sharpen the edge. also finish the slabs and slim them down maybe 1/8" more

I re ground the tip to give it a slimmer profile so I have to hand sharpen the tip back again.

kb2.jpg

kb3.jpg

kb1.jpg

With friends;)

lineup.jpg

lineup2.jpg

lineup3.jpg

Back