Busse Astronaut Knife?

Matteo Escobar

Gold Member
I was chatting with Claude Opus (AI) and it had this to say, did it make this whole thing up?

“Busse Combat Knives collaborated with NASA to create a special knife for astronauts to use in space. The collaboration aimed to develop a knife that could be used in the unique conditions of space travel and on missions to the International Space Station (ISS).

The knife, known as the "NASA Astro" or "Astro BOSS," was designed to be lightweight, compact, and versatile. It features a 3.5-inch blade made from Busse's proprietary INFI steel, which was chosen for its durability and ability to hold an edge. The knife also has a textured G10 handle for a secure grip, even when wearing gloves.

One of the main challenges in designing the knife was ensuring that it could be used safely in the confined spaces of the ISS. To address this, the knife features a rounded tip to prevent accidental punctures and a sheath with a secure locking mechanism to prevent the knife from floating away in the microgravity environment.

The NASA Astro knife has been used by astronauts on various missions, including spacewalks and tasks inside the ISS. The collaboration between Busse Combat Knives and NASA highlights the company's reputation for producing knives that can perform in the most demanding and unique environments.”

Many years ago my friend Seth & I were driven to pre school by his father , a Harvard Dr. He was selected to be a pilot in WW2 . Not because he was the best, but because he was a Doc. So umm yeah Busse is kind of like the ... Well crap we need a pilot so let's just stick the Harvard doc in the B 29 .
Anyway Happy St Patrick day & May God keep step with ye

So anyways.. I believe it was during President O
Nasa changed it's official acronym to
NOT
A
SPACE
AGENCY

I dont believe NASA tells us the truth about a lot of things
R2l6H8Y.jpg

“The knife, known as the "NASA Astro" or "Astro BOSS," was designed to be lightweight, compact, and versatile.”
I understand why it should be compact and versatile; but why lightweight!? The gravity is less of an issue in space. 🤔

Waiting to see when they will require a knife able to pierce through alien battleship walls 🤣.

My vision of a nasa knife is a SAK or Leatherman cutting electrical tape and duct tape to fix a hole in something. That's pretty much it. Case did make a Nasa Astronaut knife, which was a machete. You never know when you will run into thick jungle on the moon and in space.

I understand why it should be compact and versatile; but why lightweight!? The gravity is less of an issue in space. 🤔

Waiting to see when they will require a knife able to pierce through alien battleship walls 🤣.

It costs a lot to launch things into space. Every extra gram of knife is one gram less of food, fuel, science experiments, etc. (Source: I’ve static tested the last 5 commercial resupply service (CRS) vehicles that have gone to the ISS.)

It costs a lot to launch things into space. Every extra gram of knife is one gram less of food, fuel, science experiments, etc. (Source: I’ve static tested the last 5 commercial resupply service (CRS) vehicles that have gone to the ISS.)
NASA's space shuttles, which were retired in 2011, cost an average of $1.6 billion per flight, or nearly $30,000 per pound of payload (in 2021 dollars) to reach low-Earth orbit, according to an analysis by the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

NASA's space shuttles, which were retired in 2011, cost an average of $1.6 billion per flight, or nearly $30,000 per pound of payload (in 2021 dollars) to reach low-Earth orbit, according to an analysis by the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Just remember. The truth is out there
HBLJpw8.jpg

Back