• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Busse Combat Double Talon Battle Mistress (Battle Grade), Desert Sage w/ Black Canvas Micarta - $369

Father & Son Traditional Sharpening

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Busse Combat
Battle Grade Double Talon Battle Mistress

• Desert Sage Coating
  • Black Canvas Micarta Handle

BRAND NEW!!

EXCERPT FROM BUSSE COMBAT OFFERING :

"About the Double Talon Battle Mistress design:

I have taken the Talons from some of my early 1980's pieces and put them on the same blade as the D-Guard Battle Mistress!!!

If you look at many of my early pieces, you will note that the talons curved around as if cut from a D-Guard. . . . That's because they were.

In the early 1980's I was infatuated with D-Guards and the grip security that they brought to the table for fighting knives and choppers. However, as orders increased, it became obvious that D-Guards were just way too time consuming to make by hand. I didn't have a mill back then so I drilled two holes and then spent endless hours cutting the 1/4" thick D-2 tool steel pocket out with a jeweler's saw. Those little tiny saw blades were only good for about 1/4" length of cut before they snapped or died a toothless death!!! After this, I had to go in and try to make it look less hideous by sanding with small drum sanders! A typical 3/4" diameter drum sander would last about .0023 seconds when faced with a 1/4" thick wall of severely rough cut and jagged D-2 tool steel!!!! It was enormously time consuming to say the least!!!!

I quickly moved away from the D-Guard design and toward the double talon design because it offered many of the same benefits of the full D-Guard design but with less weight, less wasted steel, and less overall time in making them completely by hand.

If I had owned a mill back then, I think that nearly everything I made would have had a D-Guard design!!!"

Specifications:
BLADE LENGTH : 10"
OVERALL LENGTH : 15 3/4"
BLADE WIDTH : Approx 1 7/8"
BLADE THICKNESS : Approx 1/4"
STEEL : SR-101
HARDNESS : 58-60 Rc
YEAR PRODUCED : 2016

Busse Combat Regular Retail Price: $347.00 + $15 Shipping

Total Retail Value: $362

Asking $396 Shipped TYD via Paypal or USPS Money Order

Select 'Watch Thread' At Top Right Side Of Page To Select Email Updates For Price Drops, Updates, ETC... For This Knife!

Last edited:
Back