Busse Combat Is Proud To Introduce The Satin Jack TAC 7!!!. . . . Coming Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 9PM Eastern

0fMju8l.jpg

haJw3wv.jpg

C CookieRawwr How would you compare the tgulb and sjt7? Is the blade wider in the satin Jack? Is one heavier than the other? How do you like it?

My tan and satin pair won’t arrive until Wednesday. I still have time to live vicariously through you folk who have already received them. 🤡

Well I made a crude sketch of both of them, I did not have anything better to measure with out in the field but the ruler on my Leatherman Charge. The Tgulb does indeed feel lighter in the hand..The SJtac does feel good in the hand. I was searching around for a sheathe and it does indeed almost fit one of my TGLB leather sheaths I haven't put it too any tests yet. I am sure I will like it.

B Beoolfs O and David Brown David Brown thanks much for sharing the picture of the 1st SJTAC 7! That black and tan handle looks even better than I thought it did originally. Might have to get one of those on a subsequent model, I really like it!

Thanks also to the others as well. Love 'em!

C CookieRawwr I see the natural micarta scales you have look more straw colored, is that correct? I have natural micarta scales on a CPK but it is more reddish brown to me than what yours look like here. I really prefer this lighter straw coloring though. Do you have any natural CPK scales and would you say this looks lighter in color than the CPKs do? I figure it must just be different micarta vendors as the reason for the color variation.

ironwagon ironwagon Thanks for the balance comparisons with the CPKs! Exactly what I was hoping to know.

Edited to add : It looks hollow ground in your pics, is that correct? Do you happen to have any behind the edge measurements of it? I'd assume it's around .030 like other Bussekin knives I've measured. I wish more people mentioned this very important spec as it's a key player in cutting performance! "Geometry cuts" as they say.

I'm glad to hear this is a bit more blade heavy as I like the chopping ability of knives this size when they have some weight out front. It's one of the reasons I like the DB-321 so much. Just seems so perfect as a good one-tool carry, not too big, not too small, just about perfect.

Excited to add my first Busse blade of this size to my collection. Will definitely have to be doing some side-by-side comparisons with the other SYKCO variants in this size (321, 322, 421) and others like the SDFK, etc. Sounds like a good pic and video heavy thread I oughtta make....

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go login into the Busse website and see if my order has shipped..... *fingers crossed*

☹️ "awaiting shipment"

Last edited:
Unpacked mine just now. Beautiful knife. For me it’s perfectly balanced, just at the front of the scales, much like my basic SDFK, which is also about the same weight, ca. 16.1oz.

I like Front balanced blades for some applications, like the SOD for chopping, but this one is not.

Compared to basic SDFK, the Jack is a teeny bit longer, thinner and has a slightly larger handle, great for large hands.

Photos later …

Last edited:
Mine did not even ship yet, maybe because i order a sheat with it.... Anyone else with a sheat received it's blade.

Did you get a satin or stonewashed finish P PG&A ?

I'm betting the sheaths won't slow production down much, if any (they may be pre-made) and it's more about the blade finish, scale options, and your placement in the queue of orders.

Did you get a satin or stonewashed finish P PG&A ?

I'm betting the sheaths won't slow production down much, if any (they may be pre-made) and it's more about the blade finish, scale options, and your placement in the queue of orders.
I ordered 2 X stone washed, but i ordered in the last call, yeah i might be far in the queue...

Yeah, that's the reason for the wait, ordering at last call. I'm in the same boat.

I expect our orders to likely ship in the next 2 weeks roughly (last call was only what, a week after the drop?), yours may be even sooner than mine as I ordered satin finish in the last call and that's an extra processing step that's time consuming which you won't have to wait for.

Back