Busse Combat Vs. Ice Storm (Cool. .. errrr. .. I mean Cold Pics)

Jerry Busse

Busse Combat is closed today. An ice storm blew in last night and dropped the main electric lines that run to the shop. Working by candle light just isn't gonna get it, so we've sent everyone home.

The prognosis is not good as we are told it is only affecting our shop and none of the other homes or businesses along the line. It could be as many as 3-5 days before power is restored!

The line appears to be cleanly cut and we are unable to locate Fire Horse's Flying Mojo at this time . . . . hmmmmm. . . Coincidence?. . . . you decide!

We had to chip the ice off of the storm door with a Satin Jack in order to get it to turn.

This picture is for those who live in warm climates and "just don't get it". . . as for our friends in Minnesota and Buffalo. . . this picture might make you think it's the 4th of July! ;)

Yours in nuclear winters,

Jerry

Attachments

• door handle.jpg
    door handle.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 411
Greetings from Buffalo!

Were expecting 1/2 inch of ice today. Time to put the BM to some use!

Yours in nuclear ice whacking,
chiseen

We finally got our snow last night too:D
About 6"+, really wet stuff!

If you need help, I'm sure there's enough of us here to come and hold those candles over your work tomorrow:)

120,000 people in the Kansas City area with out power. The news is saying up to 4 days until power is resstored :eek:

Attachments

• ice tree.jpg
    ice tree.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 362
Ice storm? When I let the dog out in the morning more ice freezes on my beard as I drink my coffee. Its still only ~ -30 here now, I actually considered wearing gloves to work. We have also only had two 30+ cm snowfalls recently, winter hasn't actually hit yet, maybe its global warming.

I checked the mail the other day, the box was iced over so I pounded it off. As I was leaving a neighbour asked how I got the mail out as they were struggling with the lock. I said I chipped it off with a knife. They asked if they could have a loan of it so I offered them the SHBM. Guess they didn't want the mail after all.

-Cliff

That wick knife is just testing its sharp teeth! Better the power lines than my fingers. Some of my co-workers have been complaining about the icing on their cars in cold Southern California in the past couple of days. :D

I think all of we Ohio Busse-ites can round up some generators 'n'lectric candles. Will that help...??

In Nuclear Rescues,
Mike

That it was between 65-70 yesterday down here in Charlotte. Had the top down on the Jeep. Yes, it was a good day for January.

Sorry!

G-man, Thanks for the weather report and note that all future orders from you will be sporting a 35% "warm weather when we ain't got it" sur tax. :)

Cliff, loves INFI because he and his Battle Mistress have a lot in common. . . they're both insane about performance and they're both cryogenically treated. ;)

Nuke on!

Jerry

Down here in Cincinnati it is 65 degress, yesterday it was 70. I am from Maumee (North West Ohio) and I talked to my mom today who told me there are numerous downed trees and power lines. Jerry/ anybody from NW Ohio, do you remember the ice story of 1989? We were without power then for 4 days! Stay safe!

Matthew

Aloha from Chang Mai, Thailand. I guess I you dont want me to tell you all what the weather is like here then.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm, ok, well, uh..........hey how bout those Rams?
Wabi

At first, 35% seems a little stiff, then I realize that most of us here do everything to excess, right? :)

But, I just might be willing to pay the exorbitant "warm weather tax" if my next future order is for Andrew's design idea for a heavy chopper. :D

I promise I'll take care of it and give it a good home. Really, I will. I won't abuse it at all. I'll just sit around and sniff the handles like some other forumites!!

"Beware o' de forum member who sniffs his blagwl". .. . errrr. . sorry. . . the handle of my Satin Jack obscured the view of my key board. . .. I meant to say "blade". ... . snifffffffff. . . ahhh. . that smells good.

Yours in nuclear micarta snortin',

Jerry

Let me get this straight. Mabel swillin' AND micarta sniffin'??

Ya know, I can see this leading to INFI piercings...

Mike

While that storm has cause problems out that way, you can't believe how badly I'd love some of that weather! :)

I'm one of those people who miss the harsh winter storm we used to have out here in MD a decade ago.

Nice pics Jerry, hope everything returns to normal for you real soon :)

Back