Busse Folder Proto Pic? . . . . Okay. . . .

Thumb holes are the vain of spyderco knives; they always have catastrophic failures at the big ol hole.

Iā€™d also like to see a solid lock up like the demko shark lock used. Too many people are doing frame and axis/bar locks

Thumb holes are the vain of spyderco knives; they always have catastrophic failures at the big ol hole.

Iā€™d also like to see a solid lock up like the demko shark lock used. Too many people are doing frame and axis/bar locks
I have a lot of Spydercos and I can't imagine breaking the knife due to the hole. I don't pry with a knife - especially with a folder so maybe that's why I don't have that problem. The hole is perfect for opening and does not cause interference in cutting.

I have to 100% agree with your lock statement. Really sick of frame locks and have no idea why so many expensive knives have them. I have a couple AD20's and agree that the shark lock is rock solid and enjoyable to use. Not sure what Busse could use that's similar though.

Whoa! So it's not just a myth! Things are moving and shaking over there in Wauseon!

Move over Lynn Thompson and Andrew Demko, looks like another contender is soon to enter the arena for battle of the world's toughest folder!

Just another 2 weeks to go......

I have a lot of Spydercos and I can't imagine breaking the knife due to the hole. I don't pry with a knife - especially with a folder so maybe that's why I don't have that problem. The hole is perfect for opening and does not cause interference in cutting.

I have to 100% agree with your lock statement. Really sick of frame locks and have no idea why so many expensive knives have them. I have a couple AD20's and agree that the shark lock is rock solid and enjoyable to use. Not sure what Busse could use that's similar though.
Probably seen as many or more knives fail from cracks induced by pressed-in thumb studs as from holes in the blade.

Iā€™ve just seen a bunch of spydercos break at that specific point and itā€™s like the old kabar tang meme at this point.

Hereā€™s a spyderco kitchen knife that someone in another group recently posted. I believe they were cutting some pizza

Iā€™ve just seen a bunch of spydercos break at that specific point and itā€™s like the old kabar tang meme at this point.

Hereā€™s a spyderco kitchen knife that someone in another group recently posted. I believe they were cutting some pizza

Was the pizza frozen (maybe a deep dish too?) and was JoeX doing the cutting? šŸ˜‚

I mean, how do you even DO that cutting soft pizza?!

Was the pizza frozen (maybe a deep dish too?) and was JoeX doing the cutting? šŸ˜‚

I mean, how do you even DO that cutting soft pizza?!
hahaha thatā€™s the exact same thing they said,ā€are you secretly JoeX???ā€.

Op didnā€™t go into further detail other than the blade was really thin to begin with.

Oh Boy Oh Boy

Back