Busse Garden Adventure

I finally got to use my Busse Basic 9 pretty hard. There's been a rosebush that just had to be taken down, so in order to test out its performance, I pulled out the Basic 9 and proceeded to try and uproot the thing. I hit a few rocks, clay, and used my knife as a prybar/shovel and used it to cut out smaller roots. When I pulled out the whole root clump, it was about as big as my head. The knife didn't bend, chip, or break in two while taking this monster cluster out. The coating looks really worn out but no major damage to the knife itself. It's kinda dull right now but that can always be fixed. I think I was more damaged than my knife!

Originally posted by Don Rac
I think I was more damaged than my knife!

As it should be, let a Busse lead the way :) Glad it performed well for you, that rose bush didn't have a chance! :D

With your Busse handy, you can always take time to stop and destroy the roses. ;) ;)

I hit a few rocks, clay, and used my knife as a prybar/shovel

Don,
Haven't you ever heard that "right tool for the right job" line. The Basic 9 isn't the right tool...you only needed the Basic 7 ;):D

great story thanks for sharing it with us :D

Well Done, Rose Cutter!
That's Nipping it in the Bud ;)
Pourin' on a little "Love Potion # Nine..."
The Niner always aRose to any occasion for me...

RokJok - Great Line: LOL !!!

Thanks for sharing that experience with us: i always feel more normal when someone else relates a bush-cuttin/diggin story ...!

INFI Powered,
Climber

Glad you got to use your niner and use it hard! Busses must have a certain dislike for rosebushes; my SH's taken out quite a few :D !

There's nothin like being the "hip" guy in the neighborhood Don;)

Congrats on the rose removal, those blasted things are a royal pita:mad:

When I take it with me up to the mountains in May for another camping trip I'll probably have a few more stories when I get back.;)

Originally posted by Climber
Well Done, Rose Cutter!
That's Nipping it in the Bud ;)
Pourin' on a little "Love Potion # Nine..."
The Niner always aRose to any occasion for me...

Climber

Cliff, there is little hope for you.:barf:

Back