Busse Gladius

Really the only one that can answer that question for you is you. Personally, I'm more interested in historical reproductions of swords not modern "tactical" versions of swords so for me the answer, for the retail price, is no it's not worth it. Since you never said a price it's hard to say. If the guy is asking 100 bucks for it I would say "DEFINITELY" worth it because you could bring it on here and sell it to one of the Busse crew for many times that price. In general I think Busse knives are overpriced at retail (and the secondary market even more so) for what they are although my hat is off to Busse for their outstanding marketing strategy. Artificially creating scarcity and thus driving a thriving secondary market where every knife is an "investment?" Brilliant.

how good of a sword is a busse gladius? worth the $$$$? might have a chance to trade for one

I've got one.
They're made of Busse's proprietary INFI steel, and it's more than tough enough for a sword. They're a modern take on a Gladius, and you can literally chop a car in half with one. They're fully lifetime warrantied by Busse so use it with confidence.

10500225525_7075b401d1_b.jpg

10500426013_d6e840ebc9_b.jpg

Good looking sword, evltcat! Yeah, I think it's definitely worth it, if you don't mind the modern look and materials. It's going to be way tougher with better edge retention than any of the real gladius swords available. Condor has got a nice old time gladius available. I think that's in 1075.

Oh goodie! They do come in INFI!

No doubt a pumpkin slayer, I'll admit a nice seasonal photo.

Any videos of an infi bladed sword chopping up mild steel pipe? Not that such would be somehow definitive as to comparison with other blades but nonetheless, grand entertainment. Use those gloves and safety glasses.

Cheers

GC

Nice gladius. I like this modern rendition of a sword that helped Roman Legionaires do their work.

how good of a sword is a busse gladius? worth the $$$$? might have a chance to trade for one

I own two Gladius's and other makers like Miller Bros Blades and Rob Criswell....if you're looking for a value, Rob Criswell Wakizashi's are amazing. There is one available on this forum right now by Beemer1. You can't go wrong with the Gladius or any other quality maker, but if price matters, it's hard to beat the Criswell IMO.

My Criswell

My Gladius

My Miller Bros Blades M20
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbdrAm4AOu6/?taken-by=dailyedc

I picked up a Busse gladius combat grade and a hog nose war sword since my op. Interested in other makers too thanks! Will check them out next week I'm on a boy scout campout this weekend

A recently adopted 1833 dated US m1832 foot artillery sword. I am as likely to chop up cinder blocks with it as any reading that own a Busse gladius. 184 years old and is still a sword, yup.

l3tqZj2.jpg

Cheers

GC

Back