Busse knives really worth the bux ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busse has what economists would call "low elasticity of demand." :)

Yes but it still requires time and effort on the part of the buyer when they really just want a knife to keep and use. Buying a knife, not liking it, and selling it for what you got it for...sucks. You may have gotten some experience out of it, but you also expended a lot of time and you still don't have a knife to have and use at the end of it. That's an experience that a lot of folks prefer not to have. But yes, the ability to resell quickly at full value acts as a safety net for the purchase.

I cant help but think of all the time Ive wasted reading posts (cant imagine how much those people waste writing them) from people who have never, and never have the intent to own a busse yet always post in busse related threads (outside of the actual busse forum of course). It would be like me posting in a Lambrogini thread every chance I get so I can injerect my "objectiveness" about my pontiac yada yada blah blah.

Well, the question was posed in a section I frequent and given the subjective nature of the response I figured I'd weigh in on my perspective. Understanding why they aren't worth it to some is just as valuable, in my opinion, to understanding why they ARE worth it to others. :)

the only reason to buy busse is so you can brag about having the baddest priciest knife. you never hear about cutting perfomance or anything else knife related. its like a lamborghini in that show just show it off mostly. the difference is there is a noticable difference in performance between a lamborghini and porsche theres is no noticeable diff in performance between busse and esee. and btw a pontiac is goin to be more reliable than the lamborghini so that was just all around piontless attack on someone who knows his cutting tools

Bakedbrain, The cars i chose to try and
Convey a point had no thought process behind them at all. Try and not overthink.

well it was a poor and poorly made point. a lamborghini is a way better performer than a pontiac and worth the money because it. a busse isnt a way better perfomer than some blades very affordable and reliable blades. therefor you buy a busse for bragging rights and showing off and you pay a hefty fee for that stroke to ur ego

I remember the advent of the SR71 though it was kept hush-hush for many years. I knew a family friend who was a test pilot at Groom Lake. He didn't talk much about what he did and only years later was I able to piece together just which project he flew.
My Dad used to take me to Kadena AF Base at certain times, and we would watch it take off and land. This was during the Vietnam War (1967 - 1969). We were stationed in Okinawa at that time. What a plane!

Back to the topic at hand...

Haha, ok replace lambo with ford if it makes ya feel better, dont own one of those either so ya wont see me constantly yappin about them(gotta love fords tho ; ) )

And for the record, if I could afford a lambo you better believe I would own one and use it, esp if I were to post long winded replies about the topic of lambos. Mmmm That's one ego I would love to stroke baby.

Last edited:
id have a farrari personaly,but if you feel like forty two blades opinion is a waste of time dont read or respond to it.

right, how do i get permissions to post a thread?
A new thread? Post away!

Post in an existing thread?
No permission required. Adding something to the discussion, even if slightly off topic, is usually welcomed by everyone. "Gahhh! I hate these threads!" does not add much. ;) If one is not interested in a topic, why post that? There are thousands of other topics in dozens of other subforums on this forum at any given moment.

the only reason to buy busse is so you can brag about having the baddest priciest knife. you never hear about cutting perfomance or anything else knife related. its like a lamborghini in that show just show it off mostly. the difference is there is a noticable difference in performance between a lamborghini and porsche theres is no noticeable diff in performance between busse and esee. and btw a pontiac is goin to be more reliable than the lamborghini so that was just all around piontless attack on someone who knows his cutting tools

Says the guy with 11 posts. The fact that you use the word "hear" tells me you don't have any direct experience. To say there is no difference in performance is lunacy. The differences may not matter to some people, but they are still there.

Says the guy with 11 posts. The fact that you use the word "hear" tells me you don't have any direct experience. To say there is no difference in performance is lunacy. The differences may not matter to some people, but they are still there.

Anyone who has bothered to read this thread through can see that there have been quite a few valid reasons given for people to buy and own Busse knives. I have no experience with them myself, but I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Sure, there are quite a few more essoteric reasons given, but those can generally be applied to any knife branding that one likes. "Personal Preference" is not an invalid reason even though another person may not enjoy that preference. If someone wants to own one because they feel it is a status symbol and for no other reason, that is fair too. Now Mantis knives is another story.

This kool-aid drink'n HOG is heading back to the Busse Forum.
Dunt kill each other! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back