Busse Neck Knives

How many still use the Police Recruit or the Combat recruit for their EDC neck knife?

I still like the lines of the PR. I think it would be sweet to see the PR handle with an AS- or PS-style front end on it, maybe hopped up a bit in dimension.

What are your thoughts?

Jerry??

Combat Recruit? I don't remember ever hearing that model before, what did it look like? Anyone have a pic?

The Combat Recruit, was a Smaller version of the Police Recruit. If I remember right it was like a Mini PR :D:D

Very Rare.

Wish I had one.

I thought I had a pic of one, but can't find it now :(

I think I found the pic, someone that remembers tell me if this is it?

Someone around here has one, Strabs maybe? :D:D

Upper Left corner

Police Recruits were the forerunner to the Assault Shaker with the first ones not being INFI (later ones were - the only way to the tell the difference is by the middle hole in the handle). I believe the earlier models were A2.

The Police Recruits were slighty larger than the AS making them an ideal carry knife. Today they are hard to find....

Anyone interested in selling one, let me know!

Marc
marc@bussecombat.com

Marc, could you elaborate about the middle hole in the handle? If it has one, it's INFI?

Thanks,
Mike

I carry my Police Recruit in a Rowe belt sheath because it is a bit heavy for neck carry IMO. I wouldn't trade that sucker for anything!:D It is the perfect size and fills your hand like nuttin else:cool:

The Recruits are a bit on the heavy side for neck carry IMO but
for the Assault Shaker is numero uno from a weight standpoint.

As far as the Combat Recruits go, I was lucky to come across one through Stomper a while back and it is a beast! It looks just like a midget PR:p I think Jerry only made a couple hundred of them and they were offered with some kind of duty carry sheath rig IIRC. The one I have is A2 and I don't beleive they were offerd in INFI. The PR's experienced the INFI transition:cool:

The one I had was A2. I sold it to Strabs about a year ago, so maybe he can tell about the hole difference.

John

While I was posting Strabs was answering!

All I can tell you is that the PR has two smaller holes with a larger middle hole (and typically no lanyard hole), while the Combat Recruit has three holes that are the same size and there is a lanyard hole as well. The Police Recruit also has a larger handle that you can wrap all four fingers onto while the Combat Recruit really only permits three fingers to fit.

I don't know if there was any differences among the "four finger" Police Recruits though. I believe they were all INFI.

Thanks for the pic Eric, I didn't have that one. FYI, I think the PR was made to fit into a magazine (not sure what kind...but I think M-16).

Ok I'm dying to know....What handle differences signify A2 or INFI?

Come on Marc you opened the beans now spill them ;)

Andre has more Police Recruit's than me, thats not very fair.
Andre you should sell or give away two today so we can be equal.:p :D
V-man

Back