Busse WTF

Dwayne,

I have ordered a Busse WTF and would like to properly dress the beast. I have been meaning to call but figured I would chime in here so others may benefit. I have a Dundee rig for my FBM that you made a few years ago for me. I love it. I would like to have the same set-up for my forthcoming WTF. Are you up to the challenge?

Aw Heck Yea! :D

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner! Not much computer time for me this time of year. :eek:

OK.

I will give you a call this week. My WTF just came in. Now I gotta dress it.

Whoo Hoo! THe wife has been notified to be on the lookout for your call. If you dont get an answer please please do leave a message. Our business number does not collect numbers, only messages, so please do leave your number in the message. An odd quirk of our provider. Kind of like the old days eh.

Gotta have the leather guys take a REALLY big cow for these, talk about a huge amount of leather!! :eek:

I think I might go with leather for the WTF as well as I have never tried it.....good call

This knife is simply and honestly a beast!! The last thing I saw like it was a cleaver, a chopping machine!

Working out the patterns at the moment, lots of different patterns including open spine, dundee, and bandolier.

Carving, well, the daughter wants to see one covered in skulls like a Harley we saw a while back, was awesome. I'll find a pic similar if I can.

Hi leatherman,

Is there any possibility that you will make a leather piggy back sheath to hold the WTF CG and the WTH LE?

I don't believe the WTH LE has even shipped yet so it is kind of jumping the gun/knife.

I would be up to buy one if so, and I would think some others would as well.

Thanks!

That would be a cool, and really heavy :p , combo!

I'd make one if I got a WTH on loan. :D

The dye job on this one is coming out awesome!!! I love this stye, kind of a fade/lightning bolt look. There is so much room on this sheath for special effects its amazing!! I will take pics of it soon, as soon as the dye finished leveling out that is. It takes so many steps for this kind of effect that I'm rethinking the price on it. :eek:

Getting closer to pics in progress!!!

But, before I can get farther along, to decide weather I use a chrome steel ring, or a solid brass ring. Brass is flipping expensive but really cool, at the same time chrome steel lasts forever. Gatorzingo? What you think?

In progress stage four, a few more to go. I'm not kidding when I say that this process is not easy.

Now to convince those who want me to "teach" them how to do it via email.......

Thank you! And yes, I am particularly proud of this one.

Honestly I'm leaning towards the upper end finishes in future work, its the path that I am happiest traveling lately.

Whoof! Sorry for the quiet period there!!! I've been so busy

That sheath is now in one piece and stitched up and ready for its final dye effects!!!

I'll get a picture in progress as soon as possible!

Thanks so much for your patience Gatorzingo! :D :D :D

Back