Buy now or wait for post BLADE...?

Hello--

I have a dumb newbie question--

I am on the verge of buying a couple of customs from various online dealers, but I realize that the big BLADE show is in Atlanta this weekend and began to wonder if online dealers take advantage of the show to beef up their inventory.

Will many of the major online custom knife dealers have a much greater selection of custom knives next week? Should I wait and see?

Or is it the exact opposite? Do custom dealers go to the show and sell off their inventory, meaning I should pull the trigger and snatch up the knives I'm looking at now before the show?

The knives I'm considering are pretty desirable (a Mayo & a Boguszewski), so I'm also a little worried they might get scooped up by someone else if I wait. But I'd be willing to take the chance and wait if there is going to be many more knives to choose from online after the show.

What I really need to do is get myself to BLADE where I'm sure the selection is vast and impressive. I'm still pretty new to custom knives and have never been to a major show. Maybe next year...

Thanks in advance for everyone's help and advice.

They definitely make their rounds at Blade to replenish their wares... NO DOUBT.

It is usually a couple weeks before you'll see everything showing up, but it WILL happen after the BIG SHOW :D

There will be many new knives posted to the various dealer sites over the next few weeks. As dealers don't just shop and buy, but also pick up orders from makers that may have been placed months ago.

You may even want to call your favorite dealer early next week to see what he was able to acquire as many of the very desirable pieces will sell before they are posted.

Many of the best knives of the year will come from the Blade Show.
Typically it's where the maker's showcase their best.

You may even want to call your favorite dealer early next week to see what he was able to acquire as many of the very desirable pieces will sell before they are posted.

See, now here's a guy who knows what he's doing. ;) Calling up a dealer beforehand and finding out what knives he's taking delivery of at the show is also a good move.

Roger

Unless that dealer is more interested in site hits and acting like a baby than selling knives anyway.:)

I would wait until post Blade, before buying anything. Then, like has been suggested, I would call up your favorite dealer to see what he picked up.

Both will happen. Dealers will sell some and get more in inventory. I suppose some dealers don't set up shop and are only there to buy.

Hey--

Thanks for the advice and responses.

Everyone here is always so helpful and patient with guys like me who don't know a lot--I really appreciate it.

Have fun anyone going to BLADE.

I feel that if what you see now is what you want, grab it. Of course there will be a lot of new knives on sites in the weeks to come, but you never know if any will appeal to you. Also, what if you're set on a knife from a hard to come by maker? Better buy it while you can... And don't forget it's just plain smart to get in the habit of buying knives!

Back