• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Cactus Rose #3

Available now: for those who may not know CactusRose is the name for collaboration knives and sheaths made by Gib Guignard aka CactusForge and Chuck Burrows aka Wild Rose
Gib sent me this one a while back and when I opened up the package and saw that scimitar blade, Mike Fink - the infamous keelboatman - just popped into my head. Mike was the inspiration for the term "half man, half alligator". Davy Crockett first called Mike that and the term eventually came to be used for that rough and ready breed - The Keelboatman of the Mississippi , Ohio, and Missouri Rivers.
For more info on Mike check out the following link: http://xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/DETOC/sw/fink6.html

mf-001.jpg

mf-002.jpg

mf-003.jpg

mf-004.jpg

Here's the specs:
Blade: 10" - Hand forged 5160 - forge finish on spine, aged, and fileworked (OAL is 15 1/2")
Crossguard: Mild steel Hand forged
Grip: Sambar Stag - aged, file worked, with a pewter butt cap.
Sheath: A whiteman vegtan sheath with a swivel belt loop that's been repaired/gussied up Indian style - Painted rawhide and brass tack repair, partially beaded throat wrap with a pewter cross. Edged with tin cone, copper bead, and horsehair dangles.

Price: $800.00USD + $15.00 S/H in the USA (other countries actual cost of shipping)
We accept Cashiers Checks/Money Orders, VISA/MC, Discover, Amex, and PayPal
Contact Gib Guignard at 1 928 927 4831 or gib01@direcway.com or
Chuck Burrows at 970-259-8396 or chuck@wrtcleather.com

:eek: WOW :eek:

if i ever start making knive, i want them to have that kind of rugged appeal to them.... that thing is mindblowing....

Hey Gib and Chuck,
That is one outstanding combonation.I think Mike Fink would have been a happy keelboatman with that prize. Everytime I handle Cactus Rose #2, I start to daydream.Thanks again guys.

Back