California Residents

Hey everyone,
I live in Los Angeles County. Specifically The Covina, Glendora, San Dimas, Pomona, Walnut area. I repeat... I live in LA county (I do NOT live in CITY of Los Angeles) I know the laws are stricter in the City of LA.
But anyway, is the Benchmade 940 legal in my area? The law is so confusing because I dont understand if the 3 in law is for the entire Los Angeles County or just for the city itself.
Any insight would be appreciated

Yes. I live in Duarte, near you.
If Protech made the TR5 SA for the Los Angeles County market, yes, yours is fine.
No autos or daggers.
We are not NYC yet thank God.

LA County knife laws are the same as LA Municipal (city) knife laws, only the code numbers are different.

To read LA County knife laws for yourself follow these directions-

Go to the official Los Angeles County website www.lacounty.gov

Place your cursor over the word "Government" at the top of the screen to activate the drop-down menu.

Click on "Public Information & Records"

Then click on the blue box that says "County Code".

Then enter the word "knife" in the search box at the top of the screen and you'll get the LA County knife laws.

I always recommend that people go directly to the OFFICIAL government source for knife laws and read the actual statutes for themselves. Other unofficial websites that provide knife law explanations often provide an interpretation of the law. And sometimes those interpretations are inaccurate, poorly worded, and misleading.

Last edited:
Back