Call from Yangdu

Rusty

Yangdu called a few minutes ago to tell me Bill has been in the hospital and had part of a surgery Saturday. He is to have the second part of that surgery this afternoon.

Briefly, Bill has two or maybe three problems that are causing his pain. The tumor, the fact it blocks the output of enzymmatic fluidshis system needs to function, and that his lower colon is shutting down. Don't understand if reason is enzymatic or from pressure of the tumor against bowels. Depending on what I understand, ( and I could be giving you little more than a S.W.A.G. ), they opened up an ostomy on Saturday, and are putting in two "implements" today. Caught the exact term Yangdu used, but it went away. Whether it's related to the ostomy or the stints to allow enzyme flow, I didn't ask.

One of Bill's problems is the pain could be from the tumor, or the other things like the colon. Yangdu said he's been in bad pain Sunday and Monday, and is not recovering at the rate they'd hoped.

I repeatedly told Yangdu not to hesitate to call me anytime. And told her our thoughts were with not only Bill, but what she's been going thru. Her voice was shaky.

So that's where it stands. It looks increasingly likely to be terminal, from what I can grasp. On the other hand, there's a spiritual component not to be disregarded. The old coot may hang on just so he can sit up and spit in the doctor's eye. Good for him if he does that. Good for him, also, if it's time he finds release.

There's nothing we here can do other than send smoke and prayers. I told Yangdu I'd post the situation briefly, ( and with as much dignity as can be afforded them, though that was only implied ).

( Edited to clarify something I really don't understand that well. )

God bless you Uncle, God Bless You Yangdu, God Bless you too, Rusty.

Im sure sorry about this. The human spirit is an amazing thing.

Thanks for the update, Rusty. smoke and prayers for what is best for Uncle Bill. Smoke and prayers for Aunt Yangdu as she tries to hold it all together. Once again, Rusty, thanks. You do more for us than we will ever know.

Jake

Smoke and prayers for Uncle Bill and Yangdu too. Does anybody know how old Uncle Bill is? Doesn't really matter, I hate for bad things to happen to a fine person.

Ice

Hoping for what's best, whatever it may be.

Smoke and prayers tonight.

Thanks, Rusty. Not what I was hoping to hear, but thanks very much for keeping us informed. Smoke for Bill and Yangdu. ****.

Smoke and prayers for Bill and Yangdu. Thinking good thoughts and hoping for the best :). Feel better soon Uncle Bill we all miss you and your razor sharp wit.

James

munk said:
Alright. Prayers for Bill, Prayers for Rusty, Prayers for us.

munk

Yes. Thanks Rusty; I wondered what was going on as they had been out of touch for almost a week. I'm glad she took the time to call you and fill you in on the situation. Special smoke and prayers going up from here.

I bet we'll get a full report from the tough old guy next week saying he will still be around for a while and cursing the damned hospital and doctors! I sure hope so...

Regards,

Norm

The ripples he has sat in motion are vast.

Prayers for all.

~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<>call me
'Dean' :)-FYI-FWIW-IIRC-JMO-M2C-YMMV-TIA-YW-GL-HH-HBD-IBSCUTWS-tWotBGUaDUaDUaD
<> Tips <> Baha'i Prayers Links --A--T--H--D

Thanks Rusty...just keep passing along the info to us and obviously all our prayers to Bill & Yangdu.

Back