Calling All Busse Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaving sharp

Gold Member
Last edited:
The handle pattern looked like Busse. I sold my old knives a while back so have nothing to compare it to.

That would be old, old skool - It may very well be, but there's things that look odd that stand out -
I can't find a perfect match on Busse Collector in the SH line but that doesn't mean much - need an OG to call it, one of them that has tote boxes of them. The scallop in the spine above the ricasso doesn't look right

Last edited:
That's a late run model SHSHII. Angle grooved micarta signified near the end of the production line. Most of those were almost exactly 0.25" thick without coating. Slightly more with it. great find

I believe they came with an Eagle Industries sheath. Hard to tell without seeing the back with the logo.
Surfsidemel

most came with this sheath
a1VonzE.jpg

Handles look the same on yours and Cobalts with the nylon sheath. I am feeling like mine is a Busse with a modified choil.

Handles look the same on yours and Cobalts with the nylon sheath. I am feeling like mine is a Busse with a modified choil.

Yes, and that choil could have been added at the factory. Pre SHSHII, the birds beak steel hearts did have that upper pseudo choil. Someone who ordered an SHSHII could have asked for that and Busse would have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back