Calling for a Chinook II/III Trainer!

I know this has been discussed back in '00 and '04, but stil no Chinook trainer. Mr. Glesser, Sir, will there be one in the near future? Spyderco makes wonderful knives but, I feel that the trainer options are too few considering the myriad of tactical knives offered geared towards us MAist and SD. I love my spydies and my Chinook III but to buy another to dull it for a trainer would be a crime (also not cost-effective). One las thought Mr. Glesser, why not give the option to purchase knife+trainer at a discounted price? I know many of us MAist would jump to the opportunity, I would.

Respectfullly,

C. Roman

I agree, they do need more trainers. And the chinook is by far my favorite spyderco. I would also like to see one for the manix.:cool:

Well, I got my Chinook III #189 out 200, a couple of days ago along with my wife's Dodo. I got to play with it before she snatched 'em up to wrap 'em and put 'em under the tree (they're X-mas gifts to eachother). Anyways, from a SD Instructor point of view I'm extremely pleased. The lock is rock solid as the guys have said before. The handle is comfortable and grippy. The full flat grind makes for a great edge even though it didn't come as sharp a my wife's Dodo (?). No biggie, I can fix that on my stones. The blade geometry is great for passing, hooking and trapping as well as stabs and cuts. It is light but not too much, it still feels solid, just a tad bit lighter than my BM Skirmish that I regularly EDC. One thing I did notice was the balance. I preffer the balance point near the choil, it makes the blade feel more "alive" in the hand. The Chinook III is handle heavy, i.e. the balance point is on the handle, not bad, just not my preference. In all it is a great knife. I would love to see Spyderco put out more trainers than what they already have. They have so many SD oriented knives out there but no trainers! How come? And now with the P'kal coming out (I'm getting one) a trainer is a must. C'mon Mr. Glesser, Sir, we MAist need them trainers! :D

Back