Calling it quits, no more damascus

Due to health problems, I am no longer making commercial damascus for sale. It’s been a good run. I will make some for my own projects.

I made my first damascus in 1986, started selling it around ‘89, went full time in the early ‘90’s.

We inovated several things that most makers use to this day.

It’s a sad day for me.

Thanks to all who have helped and supported us over the years.

Hoss

This would be a sad day for knife community indeed. You sir, are truly the pioneer for the world of stainless damascus. Hope your health getting better soon.

Damn, I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm sitting on a nice piece of your spirograph for my next project, but that's it.
Best wishes. I hope you stay active with some of the heat treat optimization you guys are working on.

Sorry to hear that, wishing better health for you.

Damn, I’m sorry to hear this. I was hoping to get you to make me some stainless Damascus for guitar bridges, pickguard etc this winter coming up.

Hope your health issuesget better.

Warren

Much respect, sir. It's a sad day to hear that your artisanship will no longer be available. You helped redefine what's possible and shared it with the world. Thank you for all your contributions, and I hope your health issues get resolved.

Michael Drinkwine

Hate to hear that but I of all people understand. Least you can still work for yourself. That’s good

I was hoping this was an April 1st post too but no...

A few years ago, I got one of your knives, though not damascus nor stainless, secondhand and it became one of my favorite knives and still is today. It was one of the knives that inspired me to start making knives just a month later. Thanks, and best wishes for good health!

Sorry to hear that! I feel lucky to have been able to use a little of your Damascus. (More glad that I decided to keep one for my collection)

Wow. Sad to hear, although hopefully a new chapter in your personal projects moving forward.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with all of us!

Sorry to hear Hoss. Take care of your self, and good luck with those personal projects. Hopefully, you will still hang around here.

Best wishes!

Back