Camillus 21 Question

I was looking thru a box of miscellaneous knives looking for a different everyday carry knife. Found one that's anything but miscellaneous.

It's a Camillus 21 - 2-5/8" - all but mint condition, 1/2 stops, completely clean thru and thru - walks and talks like you read about.

Did all the Model 21's have 1/2 stops and if not about how old would this one be? Did they all have the same style bolsters?

I'm not looking for a value so I can sell it, it's not going anywhere. Except into more respected place in my collection.

Thanks for any info y'all can provide Howie

camillus21makerstamp.jpg

camillus21modelstamp.jpg

camillus21marksidea.jpg

camillus21markside.jpg

Seems like most non locking folding knives have a 1/2 stop. Today I am carrying an Case Sod Buster and I just checked and it has a 1/2 stop on it.

Hi Ed - Thank You for the response!

I'm mainly a Schrade collector and Camillus did alot of work for them. So, along the way, I've picked some up and found them to be of quality construction.

I've not found the 1/2 stop to be very common in the knives I've collected so far. Guess it's mostly on the Case models.

Camillus 21 - I've been reading the reference material on Larry V's site http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us/ Thanks Larry!. Have been able to zero in on the bolster pattern shown from 1946-1973. I'll continue to try and find info specific to Camillus use of 1/2 stops.

Howie

I have heard that most Camillus have 1/2 stops. Totally hearsay..

Hi Larry - Sounds like maybe ... maybe, then the 1/2 stop road isn't gonna place this one for me. Good call Ed!

The only other Camillus I can lay my hands on readily is a very nice #1 Hawkbill. The 1/2 stops on that are downright dangerous. Been bit by that bad boy more than once. I'll have to remember to bring it out for show and tell when the in-laws come to visit :rolleyes: On 2nd thought ........... nah

Howie

Love the 2 I have and I got another one coming in the mail!.

I not paid over 10 bucks for any then.

Back