Camillus #26 Big Jack

bertl

Gold Member
There is a thread on the Buck Knife Forum ( https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/334-large-trapper-vs-317.1807873/ ) discussing the Buck 317 Trailblazer which was made by Camillus and is essentially the Camillus #26 BigJack knife. One person says, "These 2 blade hunting knives like the 317 were made by everyone." and mentions the KaBar version. A second person wrote, "Made by everyone or was it made for everyone?" I tend to go with the second opinion. Does anyone know how many variations of the #26 BigJack Camillus made for different companies? - Bert

I know Camillus made the Buck 317. I’m also curious to know if the 26 big jack was rebranded for anyone else.

Last edited:
Interesting the clip point blade is flat ground on the Buck. Saber ground on the Camillus.

Interesting the clip point blade is flat ground on the Buck. Saber ground on the Camillus.
The 317 in my photo is from 1972, but all of the 317s had a flat grind until production ended. Do you know the date for your Camillus?

Bert

No idea how to date it. Every Camillus I’ve seen has the saber ground clip. Every Buck317 had a flat ground clip. When did they stop offering the 317? Did it coincide with Camillus closing their doors?

Last edited:
1975 was when Camillus went from 3 pins to just the spring pin on the #26, so it was made after that. A picture of the tang stamp would further narrow down the date.

I’m curious who Camillus made these for other than Buck.

Back