Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

Modoc ED

Gold Member
It seems we've pushed aside Camillus knives and Schrade knives of old - pre 2007(USA) made. There just aren't many threads started about those grand old knives. I was going through some of my older user knives this morning and came across these two. Really, really great knives.

First up is a Camillus 72Y Yellow Jacket Whittler with yellow delrin covers with 420HC steel blades. It has a nice match strike pull with a subtle blade etch. I bought this knive around 1992.

sCZP71L.jpg

xaJIFcO.jpg

Next up is a Schrade 80T Old Timer stockman with delrin covers. It belonged to a Navy buddy that I served with for over 20-years. He bought the knife around 1992 also. His wife was kind enough to pass it on to me when he passed. As you can see he used it hard but then that's how he used most of his tools.

5FOFkYf.jpg

ytrkE0O.jpg

PLEASE keep comments and pictures to USA made (pre 2007) Camillus and Schrade branded knives. Thanks.

The OT's and Yello-Jakets are awesome. I went through a phase a few years ago when I accumulated several of each. Even got a couple of Jakets in the box. How soon we forget.

I have this old guy as well, but he is in pretty rough shape. I'd like to get another at some point, one that hasn't been used to pry open, stir, or bathe in whatever corrosive substance this one was around once upon a time. Otherwise, I would probably carry it more frequently.

LonrmDO.jpg

Since you said you only wanted the "branded" knives, this is all I can offer:( I have several Camillus but they are all Remington knives.

IMG_2318.jpg

That is an excellent collection of Schrades! Mine is far less impressive.

The 340T in the center was my very first pocket knife as a boy. It has been through the ringer... Two blades with the tips snapped off and dull as crud. But it still has some good snap and all of the blades are nice and tight with only the sheepfoot demonstrating the slightest bit of wobble.

hwpEpX1.jpg

Back