Camillus Dominator

Does anyone know if Camillus would replace the nylon washers even if they haven't worn out yet? :) Seems like they screwed all us early Dominator owners by putting inferior washers in our knives that are destined to wear out.

Dirk, I've seen pics of the Heat, but what's the smaller version going to be like? Does it have a name yet? :confused:

Well, I have nothing but positive warm fuzzy feelings about my Dominator. I purchased it in Sept 2003 and it pretty much has seen almost daily carry since then. I agree with Dirk on the opening method, I just slide my finger down against the flipper and it opens effortlessly. I use this knife for just about everything... today it saw duty opening boxes at work then was cutting up italian sausage and bratwurst at dinner tonight. It cleans up easily and certainly holds a great toothy edge for a long time. I find that I can get it scary sharp with a fine diamond stone. I last sharpened it about 2 months ago and it has cut up multitudes of cardboard and still frightens the hair on my arms. Many Kudos to Camillus for this one. I only rotate two folders in my daily carry, the Dominator and the Maxx 5.5. Both knives do all that I ask and more. I tell ya, my previously carried fixed blades are getting a mite bit jealous!

Wunderbar - I can't remember off the top of my head. I will check with my secret contact and see what Darrel says. DOH! So much for the secret!

I agree on the washers. They should have skipped the nylon.

I've found that www.knifekits.com has perfect bronze washers for most replacement needs. The low ride clip they have, this is the one Danbo mentioned, is also a perfect fir for the Dominator. I don't currently have a Dom and probably won't, but if I changed my mind I would go with the AG Russell manual action one.

Walking Man said:
As discussed in the Camillus forum, if I remember correctly, St.James had the misfortune to get an early model of the dominator, which doesn't work too well.

If the early models don't work correctly then why were they let out of the factory? And if dealers had the old models on the shelf why were they not called back once a fix was worked out? This is a wide-spread problem that constitutes a hazard to the user.

Back