Camp Knife Build

That's what I tested yesterday and it worked out great between 60 and 61. The edge showed no effect after a workout on some old branches, new ones, a 2x4 and some intentional glancing blows on a log. As a light camp knife it should serve it's purpose and beyond.

I guess you could call it a compound grind since the majority of the main bevel is flat and it ends in a slight convex towards a V ground cutting edge. That sounds way more complicated than it is. Basically it leaves a little more meat behind the edge than a full flat grind and gives you a leaner main bevel than a full convex with the slicyness of a V grind.

Lol, though that's clear as a bell in my head it may sound like absolute mud to.someone else, let me know if it does and I'll try to describe it better.
Here's how what you describe looks to my mind; a flat grind with a v-edge, but with the shoulders rounded off and blended? If so, I love you! ;)

Languishing, sobbing softly, almost forgotten. At least I have my teddy bear...

Teddy.jpg

At least I have my teddy bear..
:eek:
tenor.gif

Ahhh the joys of dealing with part time manglers.... I was going to leave these a flat grind until just short of the edge but decided to gently convex the entire blade. Which I now realize is a geometrical nightmare if you give two shits about a plunge line. I can always slap a coat of paint on and push 'er out the door!;)

:eek:
tenor.gif

Ahhh the joys of dealing with part time manglers.... I was going to leave these a flat grind until just short of the edge but decided to gently convex the entire blade. Which I now realize is a geometrical nightmare if you give two shits about a plunge line. I can always slap a coat of paint on and push 'er out the door!;)
Yeah, that got my attention... :eek: :cool: :D :thumbsup: :)

I sense I might know the reason the pocket blades dibs were put on hold temporarily... ;) :D
Not quite, it's mostly me evaluating my workflow. I'm gonna look into doing them in more than pairs. We get a decent response and I don't really advertise them other than in obscure threads and the Dibs are still trickling in.

Not quite, it's mostly me evaluating my workflow. I'm gonna look into doing them in more than pairs. We get a decent response and I don't really advertise them other than in obscure threads and the Dibs are still trickling in.
Ah darn. Figured the timing was right for a pair of Starry Nights... ;)

Back