• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Camp Knife

Blade steel: O1, 3/16" stock
Blade length: 4 3/4"
Overall length: 9 5/8"
Handle: canvas micarta, framed tang construction
Sheath: leather pouch type belt carry
Price: $225 shipped USPS priority insured mail ConUS
Thanks,
-Ray Laconico

Last edited:
Thanks Mike. I really like this one. If I were to pick a style for own use, this would be it.

Very nice, I love that type of construction. It's tough and comfortable. Looks damn good to.

If you don't mind me asking, what's "framed tang"? I do love the look of that knife, more so than the exposed full tang look. Very nice, clean looking knife!

If you don't mind me asking, what's "framed tang"? I do love the look of that knife, more so than the exposed full tang look. Very nice, clean looking knife!

Basically think a regular full tang knife with sandwiched scales... then make the scales slightly oversized... then take a very thin piece of handle material and fill in the groove left by the oversized scales. It's a full tang knife that looks like a hidden tang... best way I can explain it.

I'll try to explain it the best I can.. A framed tang is basically a hidden tang (this one is beefy) with material that frames it all around the top, bottom, and butt- profiling the handle. Then scales are put on the sides. The frame is usually made of steel on knives with guards to make it look like a full tang. On this one I used the same micarta for the frame and the sides. It's been done before but still a bit rare to see the way I did it.

Missed again.... I saw this and was astonished until i hit the last two posts... I really like your work, sir!

Back