Can AKTI be a "grass roots" knife lobby?

Or it is doomed to be a knife industry insider operation?

From the tiny response to all those flyers a few companies stuffed into knife boxes, from the size of the room that is adequate for a public AKTI meeting at the biggest knife show in the country, and from the low level of activity in this forum, it doesn't look good for "grass roots."

But we knife nuts are pretty good at venting to each other, for all the good that does.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

I wished I could get more of you knife lovers to realize that your rights fall under the second ammendment too, and that you would be able to form an even greater defense of your liberty if you would hook up with your gun-enthusiast friends and nieghbors. Imagine the political power our combined numbers could wield, that would truly be impressive.

------------------
I twist the facts until they tell the truth. -Some intellectual sadist

The Bill of Rights is a document of brilliance, a document of wisdom, and it is the ultimate law, spoken or not, for the very concept of a society that holds liberty above the desire for ever greater power. -Me

I had the pleasure of meeting up with five other Benchmade Fans in Shirlington, VA this Saturday. Only two of us were members of AKTI. One of the others commented that he vaguely remembered the flyer but didn't know what AKTI was all about. We explained AKTI and encouraged the others to join and they all expressed interest.

The moral of this story:

We are the best advertisement AKTI can get and we cannot count on flyers to spread the word in our place.

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370
Email: DouglasSctt@Netscape.net

Back