Can anyone confirm this is a real or clone Benchmade Bugout 535-3?

This is my first purchase from a private seller. I just watched a YouTube vid of a 535-3 clone and couldn't tell the difference. I'm just trying to be careful. I think it's real but was hoping someone with more expertise than myself could confirm.

This is my first purchase from a private seller. I just watched a YouTube vid of a 535-3 clone and couldn't tell the difference. I'm just trying to be careful. I think it's real but was hoping someone with more expertise than myself could confirm.
Also it did not come with any paperwork or the box.

Unfortunately, with these models that are the most faked (and the CF bugout is on that list for BM), you can only really trust that you are getting the real deal, in as much as you trust the source.

I use to keep up on all the different fakes and their tells, but over the years the counterfeiters are getting too good and there are too many of them to keep track. Buying from a reputable dealer, or from someone on the secondary who you trust bought from a reputable dealer, is the only real way to know.

Even then you may not know. Check out this saga where I found a fake PM2 that Cabela's was about to start selling: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/update-fake-pm2-at-cabelas.1220121/

I bought a fake Bugout once and didn't realize it until I got some aftermarket hardware from a reputable source (Pacific and Sons) and the threads were different. New hardware would not thread into the scales.

Metric on clone, imperial on Benchamade.

The clone Bugout actually looks super good, the blade the logo the scales, everything except the blue anodize on the thumb studs was off.

Some Benchmade clones are super close to the real deal.

I've got a clone and the real deal. This one is real.

The font on s90v is correct
Right number of detents on the backspacer (clones have a quarter inch section with no detent on the top of the backspacer)
Correct shade of blue on the backspacer and thumb stud
Circles/stepping on the top of the thumb stud is even

Sorry for posting in this old thread, but if someone else comes across it that's how I can tell.

Back