Can anyone name this knife

Looks like a Rambler/Manager II in colored alox scales. Looks like the tools are: cap opener+philips+wire stripper and small spearpoint blade on one side; scissors and nail file + small screwdriver on the other side. Haven't seen the new small colored alox scales for sale yet, but they should be showing up once Victorinox announces them officially.

The Rambler in the standard scales has tweezers and toothpick. The Manager II has retractable pen and tweezers (and slightly more bulk). Midnight Manager II has the same tools, retractable pen and a LED light (and slightly slightly more bulk).

is it just me or is the red alox with ribbed scales different from the other SAKs in the pic

Ken, i think your right! looks to me , it has a curve in the main blade. maybe for your thumb? but then i thought i was using a very quiet typewriter to post with! :confused:

Yup, the others are definitely Classics (blade and nail file on one side and scissors on the other). The red one is probably a Manager II/Rambler.

wwells20 said:
Ken, i think your right! looks to me , it has a curve in the main blade. maybe for your thumb? but then i thought i was using a very quiet typewriter to post with! :confused:

It is not a blade. It is a multi-purpose tool found on a few models including the Rally model. It is a combo cap-lifter, small phillips head and also has the small notch for stripping wires.

enkidu said:
Yup, the others are definitely Classics (blade and nail file on one side and scissors on the other). The red one is probably a Manager II/Rambler.

I concur! It kinda looks like a Rambler.

No the others are the new Companions.
I was just wondering what the one with the caplifter was called?

Adi said:
No the others are the new Companions.
I was just wondering what the one with the caplifter was called?
Yes, you are quite correct. The Companion is the Alox version of the Classic. (Of course, victorinox has muddied the waters by releasing a silver alox version called the Classic Silver Alox when it should be called the silver Companion. :rolleyes: ). I don't think they've ever made an alox version of the Rambler/Manager II.

Back