Can I carry fixed blade knives in Massachusetts?

So I'm all new to the knife laws, but this is one thing I wasn't sure about. I volunteer at renaissance fairs and I'd love to have a period correct knife on my belt for added effect, I just don't know if I'd be able to carry or not. The knife I want to carry on my belt is a seax, with a blade length of 5.5 inches, it isn't a clip point, and I wouldn't be unsheathing the knife at any occasion during the fair. But again I just want to make sure I cant get in trouble for carrying it, and if it is illegal, please let me know what i can use instead.

"A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

That said, evidently MA has no regard for the 2nd Amendment.

The venue for the fair may have rules governing participants.

Here's a link on MA knife law:
https://knifeup.com/massachusetts-knife-law/

Limits on Carry
  • It is illegal to carry, open or concealed, switchblades, dirks, daggers, stilettos, ballistic knife, double edge knives, and knuckle knives.
  • It is illegal to carry anything that is perceived as dangerous while disturbing the peace or being arrested.
  • Folding knives, Swiss army knives, and kitchen knives are legal to carry as long as you do not behave in a way that makes them dangerous.
There are a few more details to the law that can’t be explained in bullet points. Read below for the full explanation.

Back