• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Can one say it is SERVICE at all? Who will buy a knife from Darrel Ralph now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

THAT was persnickety.

3 days is a little early to be being snarky/accusatory. I suggest vininull give it a little time.

3 days is more than enough to answer a simple email.
If we are talking excellent customer service, it can also include money transfer and shipping in 3 days easily.
Aren't you reading D.Ralphs posts attentively? Here is what he said at his last post:
"I am sending Vininull, today, $600 and a brand new knife which I have personally checked and double checked."

TODAY was 3 days ago... 4 already...
I just want to see these people again doing what they are promised and on time that they are promised. And for that you call me accusatory, persnickety etc?
At least if there is some delay, no problems, but taking to consideration current situation, don't you think that it is a MUST to update me?

Last edited:
I tend to agree with the OP, Mr Ralph did in fact say "today" .... at the very least some "man to man" communication of how this was to transpire should have occurred on the day that was then "today" or at least before now. The OP may be difficult to deal with and demanding, but when the point was to placate an aggrieved customer then resistivity and timeliness should have been at he forefront.

Haha what a joke... I'll never buy a knife from Mr. Ralph. Blackmails a customer after sending out pisspoor knives and then lies on a forum after he gets called out. Even if the OP doesn't have the $ or knife promised it should not take more than 3 days to send out an email. Where's your integrity Ralph? I'd love to hear the excuses.

If we are talking excellent customer service, it can also include money transfer and shipping in 3 days easily.
Aren't you reading D.Ralphs posts attentively? Here is what he said at his last post:
"I am sending Vininull, today, $600 and a brand new knife which I have personally checked and double checked."

I just want to see these people again doing what they are promised and on time that they are promised. And for that you call me accusatory, persnickety etc?
At least if there is some delay, no problems, but taking to consideration current situation, don't you think that it is a MUST to update me?

Dude, I agree with your sentiment, don't get me wrong. Karda expressed my sentiment better than I did. If you are gonna be the good guy, be the good guy in it's entirety. Don't use your circumstance as an excuse, otherwise you do give credence to his reply that you may have not handled your situation in the best way. YMMV do as you wish. EDIT: It's the weekend, I doubt you will find resolution until the work week resumes.

It could be he wrote you a check and included it with the knife. Who Knows?
You would do yourself and all of us a favor to mind your manners if you want to get properly serviced.
Yes, it would be nice if Mr. Ralph does as he has stated and provided information for you. But then again...it is his word and reputation on the line here.

I do know one thing, if you acted this way (or worse as DDR said) at the beginning of a transaction with myself, you would have been refunded your money and told to purchase elsewhere.

You would do yourself and all of us a favor to mind your manners if you want to get properly serviced.

I do know one thing, if you acted this way (or worse as DDR said) at the beginning of a transaction with myself, you would have been refunded your money and told to purchase elsewhere.

You forget there's very bad history behind this knife and broken honey-laced promises. Albeit 3 days is a short wait, I can understand the frustration.
Before I quit my family business I was doing customer service/sales and more for a while, quite frankly if Vininull was my customer I'd be thanking him for not taking crap from the people I work with. In fact I have thanked customers who refuse to take bad work from us and have us fix it, if they have an attitude that was obviously a direct cause of OUR bad work or QC.

Meh. Why bother talking business XD

Yes, it would be nice if Mr. Ralph does as he has stated and provided information for you. But then again...it is his word and reputation on the line here.

Acted like what? Demanding the work to be done on time? I never said something rude on wrote rude in my posts, the only thing I keep repeating is that I want to see these people do what they promised to do.
And now after asking the same simple thing again, you request me to mind my manners in order to be properly serviced? What is this - a threat?
Seems to me like you are backing up DR from your Moderator position... but it doesn't change a thing here, again no communication and complete obscurity at the moment and all this when as you say "it is his word and reputation on the line here".

P.S. Despite of huge support from many members here (and thanks a lot for it guys!) it still seems to me like some are just aren't understand my personal position which I want to clarify. After my initial experience with DR I have already said "bye bye" to my money and all hope of seeing a good knife from him ever in my hands. That wasn't even me who started this thread, so I haven't had any illusions of good developments on this case. But I wanted to show all this mess to a community, that's all!
Now comes D.Ralph and promises a new knife + refund. OK, no problems, I am glad that it happened. But it doesn't mean that I should become extremely thankful right away. I still expect it to be done right till the end. I want to see emails, updates, tracking number and everything it takes to finish this story.
If it is too much to handle for him, then it is very sad...

Last edited:
I see my initial assessment may have been correct. Impatience and impudence may have played a good role in the things that transpired.
This whole fiasco was handled poorly by both sides, IMHO.

Acted like what? Demanding the work to be done on time? I never said something rude on wrote rude in my posts, the only thing I keep repeating is that I want to see these people do what they promised to do.
And now after asking the same simple thing again you request me to mind my manners in order to be properly serviced? What is this - a threat?
Seems to me like you are backing up DR from your Moderator position... but it doesn't change a thing here, again no communication and complete obscurity at the moment and all this when as you say "it is his word and reputation on the line here".

P.S. Despite of huge support from many members here (and thanks a lot for it guys!) it still seems to me like some are just aren't understand my personal position which I want to clarify. After my initial experience with DR I have already said "bye bye" to my money and all hope of seeing a good knife from him ever in my hands. That wasn't even me who started this thread, so I haven't had any illusions of good developments on this case. But I wanted to show all this mess to a community, that's all!
Now comes D.Ralph and promises a new knife + refund. OK, no problems, I am glad that it happened. But it doesn't mean that I should become extremely thankful right away. I still expect it to be done right till the end. I want to see emails, updates, tracking number and everything it takes to finish this story.
If it is too much to handle for him, then it is very sad...

Again with the accusatory language. Nowhere did I see Karda make a threat against you...I disagree with your position that Karda is being partisan in this manner. Requesting that you mind your manners is a commonplace duty of the moderators, not an indication of his support for DR. Again, nobody is contending your your right to feel the way you do, but you and only you are in charge of your reactions. The way I see it, if this plays out the way DR has publicly announced, not only do you make money on the transaction, you get a free custom knife. $700 sold + $600 = $1300 > $1200 (price paid) + $1200 custom knife. In my book that is +$1300 you stand to gain. Given the HUGE upside for you from being patient, and understanding of the absolute fact that you are not the only customer and person they interact with, makes your current impatience seem petty. You are acting like it's been 4 days, but in reality it's been 1 and a half BUSINESS days. He posted that reply on Thursday the 10th at 11:37 am. There are things, including the postal services and banks that have constraints for operational times. You ARE acting impatiently, and your tone has changed significantly throughout this whole thing. Do as you wish, this will be my last reply on this matter, but I highly advise against antagonizing the mods without substantiation.

Watched the lot, the handles are CNC'd and from what I can see is that the blade would be the most custom part of the build for $1200.00.

Was that a new blade in the second knife or a regrind ?

Everything that had needed to be said has been said. Vininull, you've received tremendous support from this forum and given the large volume of members DR has been pressured into acting upon the request of the community. On the same token, this power of publicity shouldn't be "milked" as it has been. In my opinion, the proper resolve to this situation should of been you returning the knife, DR paying all current and past shipping expenses, and the return of a new knife in the appropriate condition. As of now you are currently promised $600 + a new knife even though you had already sold the first replacement. Granted, you did not request that--rather it was squeezed out of DR from the weight of a rifled community. Given the size of this thread, I would say DR's rep is already a great deal damaged. I hardly see the incentive to "right" this deal as many individuals (though they won't admit it) could care less about the resolve and would not buy a DR knife unless the community consensus on DR knives is positive--it won't be, not for awhile.

That aside, its time to let things sit as it is and see if DR follows to his words. The money, though I feel it should be only to the extent of expended shipping costs, was something he had personally said he would send and as such is something he should be able to send soon. The knife on the other hand is still something that takes time to be built and can hardly be expected to be finished in a few days, even a few weeks. I don't see how this situation can get any worse for DR so I'd just sit tight vininull and wait a reasonable time for this promise and the so deemed resolve. Not one single iota of complaining or " ABC Darrel Ralph complaint, critique" will help further anything of value. It is my personal opinion that the mods lock this thread until either DR or vininull, the involved parties have an UPDATE(ex. I have received the knife and money or XX amount of days passed with no communication or promised items), in other words a RESOLVE or--well we already know the alternative.

Again with the accusatory language. Nowhere did I see Karda make a threat against you...I disagree with your position that Karda is being partisan in this manner. Requesting that you mind your manners is a commonplace duty of the moderators, not an indication of his support for DR. Again, nobody is contending your your right to feel the way you do, but you and only you are in charge of your reactions. The way I see it, if this plays out the way DR has publicly announced, not only do you make money on the transaction, you get a free custom knife. $700 sold + $600 = $1300 > $1200 (price paid) + $1200 custom knife. In my book that is +$1300 you stand to gain. Given the HUGE upside for you from being patient, and understanding of the absolute fact that you are not the only customer and person they interact with, makes your current impatience seem petty. You are acting like it's been 4 days, but in reality it's been 1 and a half BUSINESS days. He posted that reply on Thursday the 10th at 11:37 am. There are things, including the postal services and banks that have constraints for operational times. You ARE acting impatiently, and your tone has changed significantly throughout this whole thing. Do as you wish, this will be my last reply on this matter, but I highly advise against antagonizing the mods without substantiation.

Let me ask you something - when someone promises to you "I'll do this TODAY", when do you expect things to be actually done? Also would you expect being updated if something promised to you can't be done on time?
You keep discussing my language and counting my theoretical profit but completely miss the things that is really important, which is DRs "customer service". English is isn't my native tongue and I may heard strange to you but it is not the point here.

About Kardas post:
"You would do yourself and all of us a favor to mind your manners if you want to get properly serviced."
Explain me what is that supposed to mean? For me it sounds like he telling me that the way I am going to be serviced, depends on how I write my posts here? Does he knows something that we don't?

The knife on the other hand is still something that takes time to be built and can hardly be expected to be finished in a few days, even a few weeks.

Guys, come on, aren't you reading DRs posts???

Again, here is what he wrote:

He sends TODAY (4 days ago) something that he ALREADY checkED and double checkED!!! Present Perfect here, no?
Can it be that he checked and double checked a non existing knife?

Last edited:
I see my initial assessment may have been correct. Impatience and impudence may have played a good role in the things that transpired.
This whole fiasco was handled poorly by both sides, IMHO.
If I paid $1,200 for a supposed "custom" and it arrived to me late with issues I know I'd be pissed. And then the maker gives me the run around several times and says I won't get a full refund... And then gets lied to AGAIN by Darrel Ralph when he calls him out on his BS on this forum. I'd say vininull is being pretty patient all things considered. If Ralph said he was sending the knife/money that day, there should be an email w/ tracking info and some more email communication between the 2 of them. Not even an email... I'd be peeved. Just saying.

As karda has said who is to say he did not send a check with the knife? Also I have to assume the knife will take time to arrive seeing as the op is in israel.

As karda has said who is to say he did not send a check with the knife? Also I have to assume the knife will take time to arrive seeing as the op is in israel.

Who said that he actually sent anything at all? I have no tracking or any confirmation on that... By the way I provided him my US address.

Who said that he actually sent anything at all? I have no tracking or any confirmation on that... By the way I provided him my US address.

At least wait until Monday or Tue. .....if there is no communication by then, you can get back up on your soap box - rightfully so might I add. It does you no favors to have no patience at all, and you are not going to help your cause.
Give it a few more days and then update us.

At least wait until Monday or Tue. .....if there is no communication by then, you can get back up on your soap box - rightfully so might I add. It does you no favors to have no patience at all, and you are not going to help your cause.
Give it a few more days and then update us.

Sitting patiently or not, it doesn't change the fact that timeline has been already broken. Again. So at the moment it is not so important how much time it'll take more.
That what I want to convey to all, my update if you wish.
I will update on future developments.

Sitting patiently or not, it doesn't change the fact that timeline has been already broken. Again. So at the moment it is not so important how much time it'll take more.
That what I want to convey to all, my update if you wish.
I will update on future developments.

Thanks for the update.
I have no idea why he told you "today", and I don't blame you for being worried considering who you are dealing with, and what he has put you through.

But he did say in this thread for all to see that he would send funds and the knife, so I'm almost 100% sure he will. If he doesn't he won't be around here much longer, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want that.

I'm thinking he didn't get the knife shipped, but will ship Monday.

Please just be patient until then, and I wouldn't give anymore updates until late Monday if you haven't heard from him.

Good luck.

DR, if you see this please send this man an email and tracking number ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back