How To Can someone help me center my Mini griptilian?

Hi, I just bought my mini griptilian and it has a very off center blade. Its more than the usual slightly-to-the-left centering that Benchmade is known for, the blade is actually rubbing the handle scale. https://imgur.com/a/KRFctrU
I've tried everything that has known to fix centering issues. I have tried pushing the blade on the other side while tightening the pivot. I have tried loosening all screws, pushing 1 side up, one side down and still nothing. I have tried disassembling and reassembling the knife and still nothing.
I really don't want to send this knife in because centering is the only issue with this knife. It has good action, no play, no uneven grind so I don't really want to send it in but I will do so as the last resort.
If there is any Benchmade loyalists out there that can help me I will be very grateful.:p

Thank You and have a good day!:D:)

There’s one trick I used to use that seeed to work.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-to-center-an-off-center-blade.992350/

If that doesn’t work I must ask the question, how hard is it to get the back screws into the their holes? The ones that hole the scales together? If the non threaded holes are really tight then there’s the possibility that no matter which way you push the scales they will always resets themselves in the same spot. It may help to open the holes slightly so the screws have a bit more too to move and thusly may respond better to shifting the scales when you retighted them. This all depends on how comfortable you are with “modifying” the handles. I’ve had this idea for my mini grip because the screws go in real tight and the blade is fairly off center with no change no matter how much I toy with it. I just haven’t gotten around to it because it hasn’t bothered me. It’s not nearly as bad as your or I would have done it already.

Good luck

Have u tried pushing the blade in the direction opposite of where u want it to go? I know it sounds crazy but if u push it on like a table in the direction it’s leaning towards with a little force it can re center the axis assembly and center the blade. Sounds crazy but works, was a thread about it somewhere

Have u tried pushing the blade in the direction opposite of where u want it to go? I know it sounds crazy but if u push it on like a table in the direction it’s leaning towards with a little force it can re center the axis assembly and center the blade. Sounds crazy but works, was a thread about it somewhere
I have tried this method and the blade would be center-ish for like the first 5 openings. Then I will go back to the way it was. Thank you for your suggestion!

There’s one trick I used to use that seeed to work.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-to-center-an-off-center-blade.992350/

If that doesn’t work I must ask the question, how hard is it to get the back screws into the their holes? The ones that hole the scales together? If the non threaded holes are really tight then there’s the possibility that no matter which way you push the scales they will always resets themselves in the same spot. It may help to open the holes slightly so the screws have a bit more too to move and thusly may respond better to shifting the scales when you retighted them. This all depends on how comfortable you are with “modifying” the handles. I’ve had this idea for my mini grip because the screws go in real tight and the blade is fairly off center with no change no matter how much I toy with it. I just haven’t gotten around to it because it hasn’t bothered me. It’s not nearly as bad as your or I would have done it already.

Good luck
Very interesting method. I will definitely try this method. Thank You!

Back