Can someone tell me how old this case knife is?

I made a post the other day and got in a bit of trouble for asking how much it is worth, not realizing I was breaking any rules, and I apologize. However I am still curious as to how old this knife is, and I was hoping someone out there could take a look at it and maybe take a rough guess. I am completely unfamiliar with Case dating codes and every Google search I have done so far has come up with stamps that don't match this. Again if anyone wants more pictures or information just ask. All replies are appreciated.
14lpsno.jpg

105s3d0.jpg

15g4mc.jpg

Last edited:
You might get better and quicker replies if you post it in the traditional sub-forum here at BFC. Those guys who hang around “the porch” know this stuff on a level that is astounding.

That matches about when I got my first good knife when I was a kid and it was in fact the same Case Barlow. Mine is actually more worn down then this one, but my Dad had a habit of using a bench grinder on it when he would be at work.

I also used it for skinning and it got sharpened "a lot" (like three or four times in an evening sometimes) during those furbearer skinning events. I lusted for a more traditional Case muskrat pattern, but really couldn't afford two knives of that quality then. I considered them to be very good knives at the time. My uncle paid me $0.10/muskrat and I was very fast skinning them in under 2 minutes each.

Back