"Can you fix this?"

I sold this knife to a local customer a couple of years ago. Yesterday he dropped by with the knife and asked: "Can you fix this?".

Ohhhhhh my!!

Apparently he and his wife went camping this past Fall and then left the knife, in its sheath, on the floor of his truck until he just found it three days ago. It had been in there all winter!

Its like seeing one of your children come home with a black eye care of the neighborhood bully. :grumpy:

-Depressed in Cape Breton(Peter)

I made a hunter for my brother out of 1084. I've told him about 10x not to leave it in the sheath. He does anyway. Sorry to see your baby with a black eye. If anyone can fix it, you can. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you have restored it to its former glory.

Peter to Dear Customer, "No more knives for you ... NEXT!!"

Will look much better with a little love, but that still hurts to see as is.

If it were me, I would have simply told you that my wife lost it last year as I ordered a new SS kit.

Personally, I think it's an improvement.:cool::thumbup:

:p

The hard part is cleaning out the sheath. Get some rust converter

Been there done that. Had a buddy who used his knife to scrape out a septic tank line. He then thought he'd "disinfect" the knife with some bleach, overnight. Came out pretty heavily stained and rusted.

Fortunately, a few passes on the belt grinder, followed by a little buffing, and the knife was as good as new.

Looking forward to seeing the after pics! :)

Hey, some makers specialize in that look 🙈

Back